Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Epson unveil Perfection 3200 Photo Scanner - The Perfection 3200 Photo is the 'world's first' consumer flatbed scanner to offer an optical resolution of 3200 x 6400dpi. Also featuring a 'built-in' 4"x9" Transparency Unit and a custom developed ASIC for high-speed film scans.
Epson is the first onto the market with a scanner to fulfil the needs of the advanced user and those who require high-quality film scanning, with the flexibility of a flatbed. The Perfection 3200 Photo is the 'world's first' consumer flatbed scanner to offer an optical resolution of 3200 x 6400dpi. Also featuring a 'built-in' 4"x9" Transparency Unit and a custom developed ASIC for high-speed film scans.
The Perfection 3200 Photo will scan medium and large format film as well as multi-35mm (will scan up to 12 frames at a time) making it the ideal solution for Photo enthusiasts and Photographers. It is also equally at home in a small business that requires all the benefits of a professional graphics scanner at an affordable price.
The Perfection 3200 Photo features high optical density and 48-bit colour recognition to guarantee colour reproduction quality of the highest standard. Even the subtlest of colour and greyscale changes are recognised.
A powerful new scanning tool entitled Epson Scan has been introduced to make scanning as easy or as complex as you desire. Epson Scan allows users, regardless of experience, to enjoy the benefits of the Perfection 3200 Photo. It has three different levels for home, amateur and advanced users, providing fully automated and manual scanning options. SilverFast SE 6 with NegaFix(r) is bundled with the scanner and will restore old faded Photographs, remove film defects, dust or scratches. Adobe Photoshop Elements is also included so users can enjoy image editing and manipulation.
With USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and IEEE 1394 (FireWire(r)), the Perfection 3200 Photo provides scans in seconds. These high-speed interfaces, combined with the new custom ASIC for high-speed film scanning, make the Perfection 3200 Photo approximately three times faster than its predecessor, the Perfection 2450 Photo.
As with all scanners in the Perfection range, the Perfection 3200 Photo also features the Epson Smart Panel, with Scan to P.I.M, Web, File, OCR, copy utility and new Scan to PDA feature.
Perfection 3200 Photo Features Summary
* World's First 3200x6400dpi consumer flatbed scanner
* Large, built-in 4"x9" Transparency Unit with new Prism Sheet, supports all common film formats
* High Optical Density, (3.4 Dmax
* Improved scanning speed - up to 3x faster than the Perfection 2450 Photo!
* SilverFast SE 6 with NegaFix(r) provides real-time pre-scan image adjustment & correction
* Dust & Scratch removal with new SilverFast SRD(r) - removes dust & scratches from film quickly
* Adaptive Colour Restoration with new SilverFast ACR(r) - restores old, faded Photos to their former glory
* New Epson Scan - simplifies & automates even the most advanced scanning tasks
* Epson On-Chip Microlens ((lens) - faster, more accurate scans
* 48-bit Colour Depth ensures even the subtlest of colour & greyscale changes will be recognised
* Perfection 3200 Photo RRP £349
* Available from end of December 2002