Epson is the first onto the market with a scanner to fulfil the needs of the
advanced user and those who require high-quality film scanning, with the flexibility
of a flatbed. The Perfection 3200 Photo is the 'world's first' consumer flatbed
scanner to offer an optical resolution of 3200 x 6400dpi. Also featuring a 'built-in'
4"x9" Transparency Unit and a custom developed ASIC for high-speed
The Perfection 3200 Photo will scan medium and large format film as well as
multi-35mm (will scan up to 12 frames at a time) making it the ideal solution
for Photo enthusiasts and Photographers. It is also equally at home in a small
business that requires all the benefits of a professional graphics scanner at
an affordable price.
The Perfection 3200 Photo features high optical density and 48-bit colour recognition
to guarantee colour reproduction quality of the highest standard. Even the subtlest
of colour and greyscale changes are recognised.
A powerful new scanning tool entitled Epson Scan has been introduced to make
scanning as easy or as complex as you desire. Epson Scan allows users, regardless
of experience, to enjoy the benefits of the Perfection 3200 Photo. It has three
different levels for home, amateur and advanced users, providing fully automated
and manual scanning options. SilverFast SE 6 with NegaFix(r) is bundled with
the scanner and will restore old faded Photographs, remove film defects, dust
or scratches. Adobe Photoshop Elements is also included so users can enjoy image
editing and manipulation.
With USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and IEEE 1394 (FireWire(r)), the Perfection 3200 Photo
provides scans in seconds. These high-speed interfaces, combined with the new
custom ASIC for high-speed film scanning, make the Perfection 3200 Photo approximately
three times faster than its predecessor, the Perfection 2450 Photo.
As with all scanners in the Perfection range, the Perfection 3200 Photo also
features the Epson Smart Panel, with Scan to P.I.M, Web, File, OCR, copy utility
and new Scan to PDA feature.
Perfection 3200 Photo Features Summary
* World's First 3200x6400dpi consumer flatbed scanner
* Large, built-in 4"x9" Transparency Unit with new Prism Sheet, supports
all common film formats
* High Optical Density, (3.4 Dmax
* Improved scanning speed - up to 3x faster than the Perfection 2450 Photo!
* SilverFast SE 6 with NegaFix(r) provides real-time pre-scan image adjustment
* Dust & Scratch removal with new SilverFast SRD(r) - removes dust &
scratches from film quickly
* Adaptive Colour Restoration with new SilverFast ACR(r) - restores old, faded
Photos to their former glory
* New Epson Scan - simplifies & automates even the most advanced scanning
* Epson On-Chip Microlens ((lens) - faster, more accurate scans
* 48-bit Colour Depth ensures even the subtlest of colour & greyscale changes
will be recognised