Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Epson's success story continues - Epson's history of success continues with a double TIPA award.
Digital imaging pioneers Epson have been awarded two of Europe's most celebrated photo and imaging awards by the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA). Epson's Stylus Photo R1900 A3 photo printer was named Best expert photo printer in Europe 2008, and their flagship wide-format photo printer, the Stylus Pro 11880, was named Best large format printer in Europe 2008.
TIPA currently has 31 member magazines from twelve countries, making it the largest and most influential photo and imaging press association in Europe. Once a year the highly regarded industry experts of the TIPA panel meet to vote for the best digital imaging products in Europe. The two accolades follow a tradition of success for Epson at the annual TIPA awards.
Barbara Kuhr, Head of Strategic Marketing at Epson Europe, commented: "Epson's double win at the TIPA awards provides us with another reason to celebrate in 2008. Epson have a heritage of ground-breaking imaging products, and these awards prove that the company remains at the forefront of meeting customer needs and developing landmark products." Kuhr continued: "Epson are delighted to receive these awards and we remain committed to pushing the boundaries of image-making technology in the future."
Epson was awarded the accolade of Best expert photo printer for the second consecutive year and TIPA judges highlighted a number of key features that separate the winning Epson Stylus Photo R1900 from its competition. These include the printer's seven separate colours, its capability to produce prints up to 13in wide on a broad variety of media types from gloss papers to a range of fine art textured media and the 1440 nozzle print head that enables a print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi.
TIPA judges went on to comment: "Epson's new UltraChromeTM Hi-Gloss 2 ink system gives a wider colour gamut for natural skin tones in portrait subjects, and the smooth gloss finish with the extra gloss optimiser ink renders a superb look and feel to prints. The additional red and orange inks contribute to improved colour vibrancy."
Epson's continued investment in large-format printer technology was rewarded with the Best large format printer award for the Epson Stylus Pro 11880. TIPA judges commented: "The Epson Stylus Pro 11880 is a professional printer developed for large format applications including fine-art printing, photography and proofing. The Epson UltrachromeTM K3 Vivid Magenta Ink Technology offers two new magenta inks ensurin a more precise colour reproduction - especially in difficult-to-match red and blue areas of the colour spectrum." Judges also recognised the benefits offered by Epson's Micro Piezo Thin-Film print head, which ejects approximately 40,000 droplets of ink per second to enable high-speed, high-resolution printing.
Epson Stylus Photo R1900 key features summary:
- Print durable photos and album pages on various media up to A3+
- Achieve vivid colours and natural skin tones with Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss2 ink
- Advanced colour processing for smooth and accurate colours with Epson LUT technology
- Achieve a range of photo finishes with Epson glossy, matte and fine art papers in cut-sheet and roll format
- Personalise inkjet printable CDs and DVDs
- Prints are lightfast for 80 years on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
- Borderless printing at a resolution up to 5760 x 1440dpi for stunning photos
- Print photos on A3+ at 1440 x 720dpi (Photo Mode) in only 106s
- Efficient printing with individual ink cartridges, only replace the colour used
- Enhanced connectivity with Dual Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Bundled with sophisticated photo software including Camera RAW plug-in for Creativity Suite for fast, easy printing of camera RAW files
Epson Stylus Pro 11880 key features summary:
- Professional paper handling up to 64in wide
- Consistent output with Epson MicroPiezo TFPTM print head technology
- High-density Epson UltraChrome K3TM with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Standard USB 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet
- Flexible paper handling with roll or cut-sheet media from A3 / tabloid up to 64in wide
- BorderFreeTM roll printing from 10in up to 64in wide
- Accepts media up to 1.5mm thick poster board
- Productive printing with built-in automatic media cutting system and take-up reel system
- Record information about paper with media bar code tracking and identification system
- Superior image processing with Epson Super-Halftone Screening Technology
- Easy to use and maintain with Auto Ink Droplet Detection System
- High-quality printing with maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
- Nine individual high-capacity ink cartridges - 700ml
- Automatically change from photo black to matte black
- Pressurised ink cartridge technology
- High-performance print engine speeds
- Large 2.5in back lit LCD control panel
- Ink status LED system
- MyEpson PrinterTM network compatible
More information on Epson products can be found at the Epson website.