Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Extensis launch Porfolio Server 8.5 - Extensis Ships Portfolio Server 8.5 Offering Seamless Integration with Adobe Creative Suite 3.
Extensis today released Portfolio Server 8.5, a major upgrade to its Portfolio Server creative assets management product line. Portfolio Server 8.5 is the hub of Extensis’ open system providing new capabilities to CS3 workgroups in need of a flexible archive and automated web delivery asset system. As a standard for managing creative assets within workgroups, Portfolio Server 8.5 includes powerful Mac and Windows clients, a complete web publishing solution and integration for CS3 applications.
Included with Portfolio Server 8.5 is Portfolio Project Sync for Adobe Creative Suite 3. Developed in close partnership with Adobe, Project Sync brings together the power of Portfolio Server with the convenience of the CS3 environment. Providing seamless integration between Portfolio Server and CS3, Project Sync enables powerful searching, archiving and automated web delivery from within creative applications. Project Sync ties transparently into Portfolio Server, providing teams real-time access to their assets.
This seamless integration allows creative workgroups to search, access, catalogue and tag assets in Portfolio Server, via Adobe Bridge and other CS3 applications. Through this connection CS3 users tap into the powerful asset sharing and archiving capabilities of Portfolio Server, all without leaving their primary creative application. For example, a designer adds XMP data to an Adobe Photoshop file. Portfolio Project Sync instantly syncs this information making it available to other Portfolio workgroup clients and Portfolio NetPublish web sites. Users can now remain within CS3 applications to distribute creative assets.
“Creative and publishing professionals need a solution that combines the familiar CS3 interface with the power and capabilities of the leading SMB DAM solution – Portfolio Server,” said Davin Kluttz, Extensis Senior Product Manager. “By offering a seamless integration between these product lines, creatives are free to work in CS3 and quickly store and retrieve archived assets or automatically maintain dynamic web sites with Portfolio NetPublish.”
- Users can access creative files and archives from within CS3 applications with new Portfolio Project Sync feature
- Initiate catalogs faster using new, preconfigured Catalog Types
- Automate metadata capture- en mass- by setting custom Default Field Values
- Apply consistent and standardized metadata in batches using the new Presets Palette
- Protect assets from unauthorized distribution using the new automatic Image Watermarking feature
- Track the demand and use of online NetPublish assets with the new detailed Assets Log
- Microsoft Windows Vista compatibility (Portfolio Client)
- Improved support for Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS3 file formats
- Interoperability with CS3 applications via Portfolio Project Sync
- Enhanced EPS and PDF file-format support
- Support for new RAW Camera Formats: Canon 1D Mark III, Nikon D40x, Olympus E-410/E-510/SP550Uz, Fuji S5 Pro and Panasonic Fz8
- Portfolio Server SQL Connect support: MySQL 5, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and Oracle 10g R2
For more information, visit the Extensis website.