Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon firmware update for SB-900 - Nikon have announced a firmware update for the Nikon SB-900.
Nikon UK is pleased to announce a new firmware update, upgrading SB-900 firmware to v5.02.
A summary of improvements can be found below:
- With uninterrupted shooting with the SB-900 set to i-TTL mode, images captured just before the flash ceased firing were sometimes slightly overexposed. This issue has now been resolved. By resolving this issue, metering precision has been further increased and the number of times the flash fires has also been increased.
- When the SB-900 (set to TTL auto flash mode) is used with a camera supporting the Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS), flash mode automatically changes to A mode according to camera communication status. That flash mode was previously maintained, but it has now been modified so that TTL auto flash mode is restored once the SB-900 again recognises the camera as a CLS-compatible camera.
- D3 : Ensure the latest version of firmware (v2.00) is installed before proceding with this update.
- D300 : Ensure the latest version of firmware (v1.10) is installed before proceding with this update.
- D700 : No firmware updates required.
- D90 : No firmware updates required.