Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
HD PENTAX-DA Limited Interchangeable Lenses - The Pentax lens range for K-mount interchangeable lens digital cameras has been expanded.
Five HD PENTAX-DA Limited interchangeable lenses designed for use with K-mount lens-interchangeable digital cameras have been announced.
The new lenses which are the HD PENTAX-DA 15mm f/4ED AL Limited, HD PENTAX-DA 21mm f/3.2AL Limited, HD PENTAX-DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited, HD PENTAX-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited and HD PENTAX-DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited, all have the same appearance as previous models from the PENTAX Limited Lens series but these five additions also feature state-of-the-art HD coating and a round-shaped diaphragm.
All five lenses will be available from the end of September 2013 with the following RRPs:
- HD PENTAX-DA 15mm f/4ED AL Limited £589.99
- HD PENTAX-DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited £589.99
- HD PENTAX-DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited £639.99
- HD PENTAX-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited £439.99
- HD PENTAX-DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited £639.99
Major Features (common to all five models):
1. High-grade HD coating for exceptional image renditionAll lenses are treated with HD coating,* a high-grade multi-layer lens coating that delivers higher light transmittance and lower reflection than conventional multi-layer coatings. As a result, they produce sharp, clear images free of flare and ghost images, even in adverse lighting conditions.
2. Round-shaped diaphragm for beautiful out-of-focus renditionAll lenses feature a completely round-shaped diaphragm to optimise the performance of their distinctive optics. This diaphragm produces a natural, beautiful bokeh (out-of-focus) effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources.
3. Acclaimed Limited Lens-series quality for distinctive visual description and a premium appearanceBased on the design concept of the Limited Lens series, these lenses have been designed by combining a series of mechanical and numerical evaluations with human assessment of test-shooting samples to assure the ultimate in image reproduction. Their optical design has been optimised for digital photography to deliver sharp, clear images with outstanding contrast, even at the maximum aperture. In addition, their lens barrel, hood and cap are all made of a high-grade aluminium material, hand-machined for perfect proportions and beautiful texture.
4. Other features
- SP (Super Protect) coating (already featured in four other models) has been applied to the HD PENTAX-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited lens to keep the front surface free of dust and stains.
- All of the lenses are available in black or silver versions.
HD PENTAX-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited Sample Photo | 1/400 sec | f/8.0 | 40.0 mm | ISO 200