In this digital age, it is easier than ever before to take photos. But one of the drawbacks is that once you've taken your photos, you no longer have to go and get them developed. This can lead to loads of shots that would make great prints sitting on a computer hard drive, slowly getting forgotten about. This is a shame and we think it's time you took a look through them! Here's five things that you can do with those forgotten photos:
– You can use photos to create great personalised gifts for friends and family. Companies such as SmugMug can create mugs, mouse mats, key rings and even jewellery boxes from your images. Simply upload a photo, and follow the easy steps to create your gift.
– Rather than gatting prints and putting them in a traditional album, have a go at creating a photobook. Photobooks offer more flexibility, enabling you to put photos at any angle, at any size you like. Various photobooks also provide loads of different backgrounds and clip arts to add interest to your pages. Check out Smugmug who offer a great range of different photobooks.
3. Wall art
– Do you have some great vista, family or macro shots stored away on your PC? If so, why not create a piece of wall art for your home. A canvas or large scale print is a great way to showcase your work and add something to your wall space for a relatively inexpensive price.
4. Show the world!
- If your photos are just sitting on your PC, why not upload them to a photo sharing site and share them with friends and communities. Our very own ePHOTOzine galleries are the perfect way to share your photos with a community of amateurs and pros alike.
5. Personalised birthday cards
– There are quite a few online sites that allow you to quickly and easily create personalised cards using photos. You could also try creating your own cards and we have a tutorial
that'll show you how you can do this.