Flash Wheels seminar to be held by Calumet

Flash Wheels seminar to be held by Calumet - Calumet plans exclusive ‘Flash Wheels’ seminar with top car photographer Tim Wallace.

Category : Industry News

Calumet logoPress Release:
Calumet is looking for twenty five fit photographers to join one of the world’s top car shooters at a unique ‘Flash Wheels’ seminar day to be held at the Land Rover Experience near Liverpool this autumn.

Tim Wallace, a world-acclaimed, award-winning car photographer, who sells his work internationally, will head the exclusive one day educational seminar on Friday October 30.

This exclusive event, supported by Nikon, Hasselblad, Profoto, Lowepro, Giotto’s and Epson, will offer both professional photographers, aspirational amateurs and car enthusiasts a chance to learn the basics of quality automotive photography both in the seminar room and out on location.

Said Calumet’s PR and Events Coordinator, Francesca Munden: “This is a perfect opportunity to learn from the master. Tim works with many blue-chip names in the industry, including Aston Martin, Jaguar and Vitesse Supercars and on this special ‘Flash Wheels’ day in the autumn he will demonstrate how to capture stunning car images both static form and in action on off-road tracks.”

She added: “Delegates, who should have at least basic photo-skills, will also need to be reasonably fit as there is some steep gradient walking involved.”

Seminar topics include:
  • Elements of car photography
  • What it takes to be a competent car photographer
  • The environment and how it impacts on mood
  • DSLR versus medium format capture
  • Shooting styles
  • Shooting car to car
  • Working to a budget
  • Fitting your work to the client’s need

Each delegate receives a free ‘Goody bag’ and lunch will be provided.

Epson will also supply one free finished digital print to each photographer at the end of the day.

For more details visit the Calumet website or book at any Calumet branch nationwide.

Comments

Simon_Palmer 7 759 11 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2009 1:25PM

Quote: Calumet is looking for twenty five fit photographers

Sorry but that line makes me laugh, I have visions of 25 super models holding cameras Grin

6 Jul 2009 4:36PM
That would be nice but unlikely knowing my luck.
We did these as an industry first last year for Jaguar and they went very well indeed, so much so that Land Rover have requested a event this year, hence the press release I guess.

Cheers
Tim Wallace
6 Jul 2009 6:55PM
Forget checking out the Calumet site. There is no news or biiking facility that I can see.
6 Jul 2009 8:49PM
Guys, I've mailed the marketing people at Calumet and they have assured me that the oversight is being corrected so that details can be seen easily. I know a lot of tickets have sold already but I'm confident that details will be available, as they should be, very soon.

Tim Wallace
7 Jul 2009 3:29PM
Hi y'all,

I have just contacted Calumet and they told me if you call 08706 030303 you can book a place on this event with Tim. The fee is £150 (inc VAT) which is three times the charge for other Tim Wallace events at Calumet. Should be worth it though. I have been told it is a full day unlike the four hours for Tim's Inspired Pixels Roadshows at Calumet.

See you there.

Steve
7 Jul 2009 3:42PM
Thanks Steve, you beat me to it, just back from a shoot in the Midlands, I've had a mail through from Calumet and it can be booked quoting ZSMLIV0028
You can also do nthis through the Liverpool Calumet store.

Hope this helps
Tim
7 Jul 2009 3:56PM
Hi y'all,

See you there.

Steve
8 Jul 2009 10:27AM
Thanks Tim. My place is booked and I am looking forward to meeting you.

ePHOTOzine - How come my message was logged twice?