stand at the 2005 event will have an excellent range of the latest products for visitors to handle, including the new professional digital SLR, the D2X. Nikon personnel will also be on hand to answer any questions that you may have.
The line-up of speakers is particularly impressive this year and includes talks from the following guest speakers:
Sunday 27th February 12-12.30pm and 2.30-3pm
Patrick Woodhead – Images of a White Desert
In November 2004 Patrick and his team of explorers set out to cross the Antarctic in the fastest time ever. Armed with the latest in Nikon digital imaging technology, Patrick and his team were able to capture the subzero action. Patrick will be talking about his epic journey across the South Pole.
Monday 28th February 12-12.30pm and 2.30-3pm
Chris Packham – Wildlife photography and Nikon DigiScoping
Best known for presenting the Children's BBC Wildlife programme The Really Wild Show, his more recent programmes include Big Five, Little Five and Postcards from the Wild.
As well as a lifelong interest in birds and other wildlife Chris' other passion is photography. Chris is a respected photographer and keen digiscoper and will be talking about this at Focus.
Tuesday 1st March 12-12.30pm and 2.30-3pm
Paul Delmar, Sheffield College – Opportunities in Photography
Paul is an award-winning lecturer in photojournalism at The Sheffield College and will be giving a talk on opportunities in photography.
Wednesday 2nd March 12-12.30pm and 2.30-3pm
Luiz Santos – The BJP/Nikon Endframe Dream Project
Winner of the first BJP/Nikon Endframe Dream Project Award, Luiz will be talking about his photographic portfolio and how the Nikon bursary of £5,000 allowed him to realise his dream project; a photojournalistic study of religion in north-eastern Brazil.
Daily talks will also be given by Nikon, Epson, Apple, Lexar, Wacom and Phojo
Uniross will be showing off their amazing 15 minute battery chargers at this years Focus On Imaging Exhibition.
A world first, these new generation chargers are the ultimate accessory for anyone serious about their digital camera.
Together with batteries that outperform even the best alkalines 4 to 1, the 15 minute solution is taking rechargeable batteries to a new level.
The world’s biggest manufacturer and distributor of rechargeable batteries and chargers, Uniross Batteries, is a major battery power source for digital products. The boom in digital cameras and camcorders has created a demand for economical battery power, a challenge readily met by Uniross.
“A complete power solution for all camera needs” is the theme of Uniross at Focus on Imaging 2005. The company has a wide selection of digital camera and camcorder power products including over 100 dedicated camera battery packs. A light weight, compact power adaptor and Li-Ion battery pack charger for in-camera battery recharging is also expected to be very popular. The adaptor is switch mode and works off any voltage, the charger which is fully intelligent and switches to trickle charge after a full charge works in-car as well as via the mains.
Uniross also provides a comprehensive rechargeable battery range from AAA size 800mAh to the ultimate high capacity/high performance AA size 2300mAh. Every Uniross rechargeable battery has a working life of up to 1,000 recharges. For the digital camera user it could mean an annual saving of some £260 over the use of single life batteries, enough saving to pay for a new camera every year!
Among the Uniross Sprint range of chargers which will also feature is the unique Sprint 15 Minute LCD Charger, the world’s first with an LCD screen which enables the user to know exactly what charge stage their batteries are at.
The Sprint 15 Minute 4 Position Charger is also on show and together with the LCD charger are the fastest available to date. With their special 15 Minute high performance rechargeable batteries will give consumers the very fast recharging speeds needed for their digital gizmos.
New products from Novoflex, hot from Photokina, include a unique tilt and shift bellows, adaptable to a wide range of digital, 35mm and medium format cameras; and a panoramic adaptor VR-System which allows adjustment horizontally around the lens' nodal point.
We'll also be showing the range of Stroboframe flash brackets, which are used by thousands of social and wedding photographers to remove ugly black shadows behind the subject, in both landscape and portrait format.
As usual, there'll be a selection of the thousands of lines from the Speed Graphic Catalogue on show at special show prices, including Manfrotto and B+W and other filters. Anything not immediately available can be ordered for despatch from our warehouse post-free.
Multiprint unveils eye catching new collections at Focus 2005
Multiprint, the professional photographic laboratory, continues to develop its range of popular and innovative presentation systems with a brand new collection of unique offers to the photographic professional; unveiled at this year’s Focus on Imaging.
New Acrylic Collection
- Brand new collection in a choice of wall or freestanding options
- Clear acrylic blocks onto which a photographic print is mounted and laminated for a thoroughly modern and creative portraiture look
- Wall mounted option features frosted edge border and chrome spacers which allow the unit to stand proud of the wall
- Comes complete with wall mounting accessories
- Freestanding option comprises a 20mm clear block frame with a mounted, recessed image – ideal for desk or table top presentation
- Each option is available in a variety of sizes
The Portrait Image Box
- Extension of the popular Wedding Image Box service
- Contemporary and appealing presentation format for added value to customers
- Finished product rather than proof box
- Variety of sizes from 10”x8” upwards
- Choice of white or black print borders
- Option to customise with small embossed image or logo on cover
New Canvas Wrap Options
- New additions join the existing Contemporary Wraparound product which is sealed and wrapped onto 18mm mdf board
- New Art Wraparound provides a 2” deep canvas image for a truly contemporary effect
- Photographic image is sealed, wrapped and secured around a frame
- Designed to be left unframed for maximum impact
- New Classic Wraparound provides an image which is sealed, wrapped and secured around traditional stretcher bars
- Designed to be displayed within a frame for a more traditional effect
- Each option is available in a variety of sizes
Quick & Easy File Upload Service
New service for Multiprint customers enabling a quick and convenient turnaround of print orders
- Ideal for urgent orders or for customers in remote areas
- Accessed via Multiprint’s customer website – quick, simple and easy to use
- Designed for transfer of large or multiple digital files as single or zipped folder upload
- Option to use own FTP software with set up help provided if required
Multiprint Colour Processing operates professional labs in both Derby and Peterborough with a specialist schools’ printing division in Stoke on Trent. The company was formed 20 years ago in Derby and has since grown into one of the UK’s leading Professional Imaging providers – catering for photographers, design houses and large corporate institutions – providing a healthy mix of optical and digital processes to clients across the UK.
Tel: 01332 382362 or email email@example.com for further details.
Mitsubishi Electric will be exhibiting their latest instant digital photo printing solutions at stand E50. The innovative DPS Kiosk successfully launched at last years show, will be exhibited with new payment options including coin & note and credit/debit cards. The DPS Kiosk is an easy to use, self-service digital photo developing and multimedia kiosk that allows end-users to manage the entire process themselves. Also on display will be Mitsubishi’s behind the counter micro-lab solution, an ID photo system, a range of hi-speed dye sublimation printers as well as an example of Mitsubishi’s comprehensive range of data/video projectors for photo display
Leaf Aptus with Large Built-in Display
The next generation of portable and studio digital camera backs has arrived--introducing the Leaf® Aptus. Designed for portability with ease-of-use, yet with the robustness and efficient workflow required by professional photographers, the Leaf Aptus product line includes the Leaf Aptus 22 and Leaf Aptus 17 with resolutions of 22 and 17 megapixel respectively. The Leaf Aptus redefines user friendliness as the world’s first camera back that includes a built-in large (6 x 7 cm) LCD and an innovative touch-screen based graphic user interface (GUI).
Image quality is never compromised, and is how Leaf digital camera backs are best known.
Other Leaf Aptus features include:
* New hardware offers a continuous non-stop burst, and a capture rate of an image every 1.2 seconds.
* integrated battery and compact flash (CF) storage card ensure easy shooting.
* Large storage options give professionals the flexibility to meet the most demanding shooting situations.
* Unique wireless display technology enhances on-location and in-studio teamwork
* A new raw HDR format (cHDR) uses lossless compression to reduce file size, speeding up workflow and making archiving more efficient.
New Leaf Capture 10
Leaf has consulted with the world’s leading photographers to create the easiest, yet most robust workflow-oriented application for professional photographers. The user-friendly Leaf® Capture 10 application enables image capture through final output, and features color profile creation and editing based on collaboration with GretagMacbeth. Demonstrations of the Leaf Capture 10 application will be available at Focus On Imaging 2005
Integration for Better Color Management
The Creo Leaf® Capture 10 application provides a complete set of professional tools for the operation of Leaf digital camera backs, including the new Leaf® Aptus digital camera back. The application enables image capture through final output. Integrating GretagMacbeth profile creation and editing into the Leaf Capture application ensures accurate, reliable and predictable color even with changing lighting conditions through the creation of customized ICC color profiles.
Lighting characteristics of shooting locations vary tremendously. Custom color profiling enables the photographer to achieve exact colors by compensating for the specific lighting of each shoot. The editing capability enables the photographer to tune the colors to match specific requirements based on the subject, client preferences and output device.
The new color management and color profile customization capabilities of the Leaf Capture 10 application will be demonstrated at the Creo Leaf stand.
Hasselblad Products on Show at Focus On Imaging 2005
Hasselblad and Imacon products on stand at the show include the new Hasselblad H1D high-end digital camera system – the company’s first fully integrated, digital medium format solution. The camera incorporates a 22 Mpixel sensor designed for total digital functionality, hard drive storage capacity for 850 full resolution images in the portable Image Bank and an extremely competitive price of 18,900.00 Euros.
In addition, Hasselblad will be demonstrating its H1 cross-platform camera, which has been specifically customised to ensure use in both film and digital format. For easy transition from film to digital operation, the Hasselblad H1 camera uses the unique i-Adaptor concept, enabling the smooth integration with the 22 Mpixel Hasselblad Ixpress 132C or the 528C Ixpress digital camera back.
To ensure maximum quality using the H1 cameras, Hasselblad is introducing a new range of precision lenses and a H System CF Lens Adaptor for use with the H1. Designed to the highest optical specifications, the three new lenses, – the HC 2.2/100mm, the HC Marco4/120mm and the HC 4.5/300mm – feature electronically controlled shutter and aperture, highly efficient stray light elimination and integral focus drive motors. To provide additional inter-camera flexibility, the H System CF lens adapter will enable the photographer to use Ctype lenses from a ‘V’ system on the H1 camera.
For the Hasselblad ‘V’ camera Series, the company is also offering a customised digital solution, presenting professional photographers and photo enthusiasts with high-end integrated digital functionalities and an optimised interface between the camera and the Hasselblad Ixpress V96C 16 Mpixel digital camera back solution. Hasselblad is offering the V96C digital camera back solution to the market at a price of 7,990.00 Euros. Hasselblad will also be showing its Hasselblad Flextight 343 and 646 scanners at photokina. Scanning at a resolution of 3200 ppi and 6300 ppi respectively, these scanners have been designed and priced to meet the specific scanning and reproduction demands of professional photographers and creatives.
First time exhibitors (as a stand alone) Denny GBI will be displaying a selection of backgrounds and props suitable for all studios and styles
Items lined up for display are:
• Old Master, Computer Painted Scenic and Solid canvas backgrounds, Including Mirror gloss finish
• Portable multi background handling system
• Computer painted scenic TwistFlex (Collapsible) background
• Selection of props
• FlexTex 3D backgrounds & props by Scenic Design
• Large range of muslin curtain swatches
Also available for the first time will be ‘Selections’ – an abbreviated form of the full 160 page Denny Manufacturing catalogue. The full range can also be viewed on the Denny Mfg website at www.dennymfg.com This also contains details of ‘Youwantitwhen?’, offering a limited range of Old Master and muslin backgrounds on a next day service.
Visitors placing orders at the show can take advantage of splitting payments for goods ordered over two equal payments
Studio Decor – Tel 01308 867100 firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Corel stand (Q19), visitors can expect to see Corel’s three leading graphics products – Corel Paint Shop™ Pro® 9, which Corel now offers following its acquisition of Jasc in 2004; Corel Painter™ IX; and CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 – as well as Corel’s other popular graphics products. Corel will be offering on-stand personal demo’s of each product, illustrating the power of the tools and the creativity they enable. Corel staff will be on hand to discuss the benefits of each product, features and pricing.
“Corel is delighted to be exhibiting at Focus on Imaging – it is THE show for anyone in the imaging space”, says Daniel Weisbeck, director of international marketing for Corel. “Corel has such extensive history in the graphics and image-editing market and we work closely with our users to understand what they’re looking for. Our graphics products have won numerous awards in PC, graphics and photography media and are not only used by companies wanting to create striking and professional collateral but also some of the finest designers and artists around the globe and leading photographers. Our Paint Shop range of products enables us to provide a consumer offering to those home enthusiasts looking to do more with their digital photography and images.”
Details of Corel’s latest offer can also be picked up or discussed at the stand. Until March 31st 2005, Corel is offering a Wacom Graphire® 3 Classic pen tablet worth £70** included with any purchase of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 or Corel Painter IX.
At stand Q19, Corel will be showing the following products:
* Corel Paint Shop Pro 9 continues to set the standard for affordable, professional image editing. Version 9 builds on Paint Shop Pro’s legacy of creative innovation with a new suite of art media features, professional photo editing tools, and precision graphic design capabilities. [RRP £85 excl. VAT].
* Corel Painter IX – the most recent instalment of the award-winning Natural-Media® painting and illustration software, launched in October 2004. With Painter IX, users can create impressive works of digital art, edit photos or turn photos into paintings with just a few clicks. Painter is also used in film making, game development and illustration. [RRP £249 excl. VAT].
* CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 – the first intelligent graphics suite for graphics design and illustration, page layout, vector drawing, photo-editing and motion-graphics. This suite enables users to work faster and more effectively, it is easy-to-use and offers excellent value for money. [RRP £359 excl. VAT]
BJP Exclusive competition to Focus on Imaging 2005 delegates
Win a Kodak Professional 1400 Digital Photo Printer worth £400!
• Professional-quality photographs - every print
• Fast and easy - prints an 8x10 in 90 seconds
• Print multiple photos per sheet
• Affordable - price per print never varies regardless of image content
VISIT BJP ON STAND G51 FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN THIS FABULOUS PRIZE & OTHER SPECIAL OFFERS
The BJP has everything a photographer could want. Our news-driven features coupled with benchmark reviews keep you at the front of photography coverage. What's more, you'll have full online access to the latest jobs, equipment for sale, forum, plus archive of previous issues.
For a FREE 2-week online trial visit www.bjp-online.com/trial