Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Fotodiox RhinoCam Affordable Medium Format Back - Fotodiox RhinoCam connects a low cost camera sensor with a medium format lens for a fraction of the normal price.
Utilizing the Sony NEX camera sensor, RhinoCam enables photographers at any level to capture the dramatic detail and sharpness only available with a sensor three times larger than even a high-end full-frame 35mm sensor. The RhinoCam delivers stunning 140+ megapixel images while offering photographers their choice of low-cost sensor options and classic lenses.
Via an interchangeable lens mount, RhinoCam couples either a Pentax 645, Mamiya 645, or Hasselblad
V medium format lens with a Sony NEX series camera. The built-in Composition Screen enables photographers to preview the composed shot.
The lens remains firmly in place while the RhinoCam's moving platform positions the NEX sensor for multiple precisely-positioned exposures. RhinoCam also mounts directly onto a 4x5 board to open up additional possibilities with wider angle lenses, tilt shifts, bellows systems and more.
- Compact and lightweight construction ideal for backpack photographers who would otherwise need to transport much heavier gear to photograph large vistas.
- Connects a low cost camera sensor with a medium format lens for astonishing medium format photography at a fraction of the normal price.
- Preview the composed image before taking the first shot with the built in Composition Screen.
- Mount a modern camera sensor onto 4x5 equipment using the RhinoCam system.
- Multiple exposures are in a linear array, perfect for flat-stitching to reduce distortion errors inherent in spherical stitching.
- When the user upgrades their camera, the RhinoCam delivers even higher quality pictures.