Free Capture NX with purchase of Nikon D200

Free Capture NX with purchase of Nikon D200 - Nikon are offering a free copy of Capture NX with every purchase of a Nikon D200 between May 18th and July 13th 2007.

Category : Digital SLRs

Press Release: Free Capture NX with purchase of Nikon D200

Capture NX is a revolutionary image editing application designed specifically for digital photographers irrespective of their chosen file format. Designed by photographers for photographers, Capture NX makes refined image enhancement simplicity itself for anyone irrespective of their skill level. Powerful, and yet simple to use, this software permits changes to be made to specific areas of an image by a simple point and click and removes the need for complex masking or layering techniques. Create or modify image enhancements repeatedly without degrading the quality of the image data. Additional dedicated tools are available for those using the NEF (Raw) file format such as correcting lens distortions and vignette. Image adjustments are both independent and fully variable: this eliminates the need for multiple undo steps and allows you to exercise complete control over all aspects of the image. The original image data within the file is always preserved allowing an infinite number of variations to be created and stored without the need to make duplicates of the original source data, a feature that saves enormous amounts of disk space. Capture NX. Photo Editing for Photographers.

Key Features:

• Intuitive image adjustment: Capture NX enables each step of the editing process to be undone at any time, enabling complete freedom to revisit earlier changes without undoing those in between.
  • Control Points: these are selected stored points of adjustment that affect areas of similar tone or colour. Adjustments can be made to colours from the spectrum, or to natural colours such as skin, foliage and sky.
  • Handles: the revolutionary user interface features sliders – called ‘handles’ - that control the strength of various parameters whilst editing. Handles are situated at the point of control, allowing adjustments to be applied directly to an image whilst keeping attention focused on the affected area.
  • Pop-out tools: curves and levels adjustment windows pop out when needed and pop back when not in use.
  • Nikon Capture NX can accept Nikon’s range of nik Multimedia filter plug-ins and is compatible with NEF format images that are created by all Nikon cameras.
  • European Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish.

View Directory Page : Nikon

Comments

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 May 2007 5:50PM
About time. It should have shipped with the D200 on initial launch.

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
22 May 2007 5:58PM

Quote: It should have shipped with the D200 on initial launch.

To right Mike, But what about some discount for those who have already bought both before this offer Smile Like 50% off any lens you like Smile

Fat chance I reckon Sad
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 May 2007 8:40PM

Quote: Like 50% off any lens you like

♫ ♪ Dreamin' ♪ ♫ I'm just ... ♫ ♪ Dreamin' ♪ ♫

Smile Smile Smile
Ingleman 7 9 4
22 May 2007 9:30PM
This happens every %**%~~ ing time! I bought a D70 two years ago and a month later they do a 100 off deal. Ha! Now they offer this after I spent a kings' ransom in March..what a joke!

Andy I
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 May 2007 9:50PM
S'wot cha get for being loyal to the brand Andy...

Wink
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
22 May 2007 9:56PM

Quote: ♫ ♪ Dreamin' ♪ ♫ I'm just ... ♫ ♪ Dreamin' ♪ ♫

Wishing and Hoping, Dusty Springfeild as well, Nice toon Smile

Welcome to the club Andy I Smile We call it The Lost Boy's & Girl's of Nikon Sad Dun up like kippers, The Forgotten Army of the failthful Sad Cast adrift like yesterdays hero's Sad

I'm of to the Canon site Smile
NikLG 8 1.7k England
23 May 2007 9:24AM
Great. I was quite surprised to see that it was shipping with that awful picture project software when I got mine.
Doesn't really bother me because I have editing / RAW software anyway but
it would have been nice to have got it or to be able to get it in retrospect.

Nik
SteveCharles 11 2.3k 18 England
23 May 2007 9:26AM
How gutted am I? Sad

I only bought my D200 last month!
Dlees78 8 24 United Kingdom
24 May 2007 9:43AM
I'd suggest anyone who bought the camera recently should phone or fire off an email to Nikon's customer support - you might be able to get the software anyway as a goodwill gesture. It's always worth a try.
SuperRoo 7 63 1 Australia
8 Jun 2007 10:28AM
ChrisV 7 721 26 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2007 1:49PM

Quote: Bought my D200 about a year ago... paid lots more for it than you can get them for now... but will Nikon recognise this fact and provide a discount on the software... highly unlikely!!!

Ditto here. I too have RAW editing software, but I like the tonal area adjustments that seem (at least in a straightforward way) unique to the NX software. A bit too expensive to acquire for that reason alone though...
woodrow 7 153 Scotland
22 Jun 2007 1:54PM
why it is bundled with D200 in box is a mystery to me, body is an investment and if Nikon want lock in then they should provide software from start.

I suspect that Nikon software is losing market share since launch of Lightroom.

I bought my body back in april, no chance of getting it free i think.......

Paul
woodrow 7 153 Scotland
22 Jun 2007 2:32PM
meant to say: 'why it isn't bundled......'
22 Jun 2007 5:00PM
Tried the free copy of NX & liked it. Bought a new Mac Pro & Aperture & can't think of any reason why I would buy NX!! I love the D200 But if Nikon won't bring out a full frame higher pixel camera by the end of summer 2008 I will jump ship & go Canon.

Wake up Nikon!!!!