Capture NX is a revolutionary image editing application designed specifically for digital photographers irrespective of their chosen file format. Designed by photographers for photographers, Capture NX makes refined image enhancement simplicity itself for anyone irrespective of their skill level. Powerful, and yet simple to use, this software permits changes to be made to specific areas of an image by a simple point and click and removes the need for complex masking or layering techniques. Create or modify image enhancements repeatedly without degrading the quality of the image data. Additional dedicated tools are available for those using the NEF (Raw) file format such as correcting lens distortions and vignette. Image adjustments are both independent and fully variable: this eliminates the need for multiple undo steps and allows you to exercise complete control over all aspects of the image. The original image data within the file is always preserved allowing an infinite number of variations to be created and stored without the need to make duplicates of the original source data, a feature that saves enormous amounts of disk space. Capture NX. Photo Editing for Photographers.
- Intuitive image adjustment: Capture NX enables each step of the editing process to be undone at any time, enabling complete freedom to revisit earlier changes without undoing those in between.
- Control Points: these are selected stored points of adjustment that affect areas of similar tone or colour. Adjustments can be made to colours from the spectrum, or to natural colours such as skin, foliage and sky.
- Handles: the revolutionary user interface features sliders – called ‘handles’ - that control the strength of various parameters whilst editing. Handles are situated at the point of control, allowing adjustments to be applied directly to an image whilst keeping attention focused on the affected area.
- Pop-out tools: curves and levels adjustment windows pop out when needed and pop back when not in use.
- Nikon Capture NX can accept Nikon’s range of nik Multimedia filter plug-ins and is compatible with NEF format images that are created by all Nikon cameras.
- European Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish.