Fujifilm have announced the introduction of new media card ranges aimed at both the professional photographer and the consumer.
Fujifilm Professional Media
The new Professional range will comprise faster speed and higher-capacity media for pro photographers, such as 40x (6Mb per second) Ultra-Fast CompactFlash cards in 1 and 2GB capacities, with higher speeds and larger capacities to be introduced next month. The Professional range will offer photographers a Lifetime Guarantee for additional peace of mind.
Fujifilm Consumer Media
Fujifilm will also offer a comprehensive selection of general-purpose media cards for the wider consumer audience. The extended range means that almost every media card on the market can now be found under the Fujifilm brand, offering consumers a straightforward path to whichever format they require.
Two new formats for mobile phones, RS-MMC (Reduced Size MultiMedia Card) and MiniSD have been added to Fujifilm’s already comprehensive range. Both cards can be used in multimedia mobile phones and PDAs, as well as digital cameras.
RS-MMC is available in capacities up to 512Mb, and is compatible with mobile phones requiring storage for multimedia files such as pictures, ring tones and music. The range features an adaptor that enables RS-MMCs to fit into devices that take standard MultiMedia (MMC) cards.
The MiniSD card is also used in multimedia mobile phones. Capacities up to 512Mb are available, and a 1GB MiniSD card is expected later in the year. Like the RS-MMC range, MiniSD cards include an adaptor to make them compatible with all digital cameras, mobile phones and PDAs that take standard SD cards.
The formats expand Fujifilm’s wide range of media cards, which also includes:
• xD-Picture Card - fast, reliable flash media for digital cameras, in sizes up to 1Gb.
• CompactFlash - a rugged and reliable media card used in a variety of applications including digital cameras and notebooks.
• Microdrive- a miniature hard disk drive suitable for professional-level digital cameras.
• SecureDigital (SD) - small-format flash media used in a variety of devices such as PDAs, camcorders, mobile phones and digital cameras. A high speed (60x) version and a Mini version of SecureDigital media will be launched in March 2005.
• MemoryStick - available in several capacities, these cards are used in various devices including digital cameras, mobile phones and PDAs.
• SmartMedia - available in capacities of 64Mb and 128Mb.
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm's Director of Photo Products, said, "With the introduction of multimedia phones capable of storing music and pictures as well as ring tones, use of digital media cards is greater than ever before. This is why we are now offering a specific range compatible with general consumer devices, alongside formats for photographers.
"When it comes to media cards there is an inherent trust in the Fujifilm brand, which stems from our history in film. As market leader, Fujifilm is committed to offering consumers virtually every media format on the market."
Fujifilm Image Recovery Service
Fujifilm's Digital Image Recovery Service is available for consumers or professional photographers requiring assistance with any problematic cards of any brand. The service provides a possible way of retrieving images or movies that have been lost, accidentally deleted, or damaged due to incorrect formatting. Customers interested in the Fujifilm Digital Image Recovery Service can call 01234 245 383 for further information, or visit: www.fujifilm.co.uk/irs.