Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Fujifilm Finepix F470 announced - Fujifilm's new pocket-sized 6 mega pixel digital camera will be available in March 2006.
FinePix F470 Zoom: stylish, friendly and functional
Six megapixel, user-friendly addition to Fujifilms ultra-smart F range of digital cameras
Fujifilm today announced the launch of the FinePix F470 Zoom a pocket-sized, silver compact with user-friendly controls and multiple scene positions for ultimate ease-of-use. Hidden within this cameras individual body design are 16MB of internal memory, a 3x optical zoom lens and a sensor delivering six megapixels. Combining strength and elegance in a neat package, the FinePix F470 Zoom is both stylish and functional, and perfect for anyone new to digital photography.
This chic compact, only 19.7mm thick, has a distinctive appearance thanks to its innovative design. Incorporating a raised side grip that sits comfortably in the palm of the hand, the FinePix F470 Zoom allows the user to hold it securely, without compromising the slimline look of the cameras stylish body.
The FinePix F470 Zoom is also host to a high resolution, extremely clear 2.5 LCD screen for framing and viewing shots. Furthermore, the FinePix F470 Zoom comes with a TV-quality VGA movie mode that can capture up to 30 frames per second with sound.
Equipped to handle a variety of shooting conditions, this easy-to-operate camera allows users to select from ten automatic scene settings. These include a Sunset mode to emphasis vivid colours, a Beach and Snow mode for minimising glare in bright situations, and a Party mode for indoor settings, allowing images to retain the natural ambience of the scene in low-light conditions.
FinePix F470 Zoom features at a glance:
- CCD sensor delivering 6.0 million pixels
- 16MB internal memory
- High resolution 2.5 LCD monitor
- 3x optical zoom
- 10 selectable scene positions for different shooting conditions: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Beach & Snow, Sunset, Museum, Party, Flower Close-Up and Text
- VGA movie capture of 30 frames per second with sound
- Lithuim-ion rechargeable battery and battery charger included
- xD-Picture Card (16MB to 1GB capacities available)
- PictBridge compatible for direct printing without a PC
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilms Director of Consumer Products, said: This model is exciting not just because of its stylish good looks, but because once again Fujifilm has created a digital camera with features that give even inexperienced users the chance to take professional-looking shots, easily and effecitvely.
Availability & pricing
The FinePix F470 Zoom will be available from UK retailers in late March 2006. Pricing and stockists will be announced nearer to the date of retail launch.
Fujifilm FinePix F470 Zoom
Specifications and features
- Effective pixels 6.0 million effective pixels
- CCD sensor 1/2.5 inch CCD
- Number of recorded pixels - Still image:2,816 x 2,112 / 2,816 x 1,880 (3:2 format) / 2,048 x 1,536 / 1,600 x 1,200 / 640 x 480 pixels. - Movie:640 x 480 / 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per second
- Storage media Internal memory approx. 16MB / xD-Picture Card (available separately)
- File format Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.2) Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG), WAV
- Number of images / recording time See chart below
- Lens Fujinon 3x zoom lens, F2.8 - F4.9
- Lens focal length Equivalent to 35 - 105mm on a 35mm camera
- Focus Auto focus
- Focus distance Normal: approx. 70cm to infinity
- Macro: approx. 10cm to 80cm (wide-angle)
- Approx. 40cm to 80cm (telephoto)
- Shutter speed 2 sec. to 1/1500 sec. depending on shooting mode
- Aperture F2.8 F7.0 at wide-angle
- Sensitivity Auto / equivalent to ISO 64 / 100 / 200 / 400
- Exposure control Program AE
- Scene positions Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Beach & Snow, Sunset, Museum, Party, Flower Close-Up, Text
- Light metering TTL 256-zone metering
- White balance Automatic scene recognition/Preset (Fine, Shade, Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Fluorescent (Cool White), Incandescent Light)
- LCD monitor 2.5 Amorphous silicon TFT (approx. 115,000 pixels). Approx. 97% coverage, aspect ratio 4:3
- Flash Auto flash using flash control sensor
- Self-timer Approx 2 / 10 sec.
- Video output NTSC / PAL selectable
- Digital input/output USB
- Power source Rechargeable battery NP-40 (included) or AC Power Adaptor AC-5VX (sold separately)
- Dimensions 91.9 (W) x 58.1 (H) x 19.7 (D) mm
- Weight Approx. 122g (excluding batteries and media)
- Digital zoom Approx. 4.4x
- Colour modes B&W / Chrome / Standard
- Voice memo Up to 30 sec. WAV format
- Playback Trimming, image rotate, automatic playback, multi-frame playback, sort by date, voice memo
- PictBridge Compatible