Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Fujifilm FinePix S8200, S8300, S8400, S8500 - Fujifilm has announced the new AA powered FinePix S8200, S8300, S8400, and S8500 with 40 to 46x optical zoom, as part of CES 2013.
Fujifilm has announced the new range of bridge cameras, with the Fujifilm FinePix S8200, S8300, S8400, and S8500, each camera has the same specifications, but varies on the amount of zoom provided with 40x, 42x, 44x and 46x optical zoom lenses respectively.
From Fujifilm: 1. Powerful optical zoom and powerful Optical Image Stabilization
The new S8200 range features 4 models, all incorporating fast apertures of f/2.9 to f/6.5, plus powerful OIS (Optical Image Stabilization (Lens shift)) for excellent blur reduction. Each features a different FUJINON long zoom lens from 40x optical (S8200) to 46x optical (S8500).
|Model name||Zoom||35mm format equivalent|
Renowned for their superb clarity, the FUJINON lenses used in these cameras feature 17 elements in 12 groups, and combine aspherical and ED elements which help to reduce aberrations and promote a superior level of image quality. Each of these new bridge cameras features a Super Macro mode enabling you to get as close as 1cm from your subject, bringing great close-up shots to life.
2. Fast autofocus, quick response and high image quality
These cameras all house 16 megapixels 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensors, which capture excellent quality low noise shots at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800. With autofocus speeds of 0.3 seconds*, start-up times of 1.0 seconds*, a 0.5 seconds* interval between shots and a continuous shooting speed of 10fps (MAX. 10 frames, full resolution)*, you'll never miss another shot. What's more, ultra-high–speed shooting of up to 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960) and up to 120fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 × 480), is also available enabling you to capture the action in slow-motion.
3. Full HD movie 1080i/60fps with stereo sound
Movie recording is as easy as taking pictures, with a dedicated Movie button to start recording instantly. The high resolution, 1080i movie capture at 60fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps** is superb when played back on HDTV screens and what's more, still photos can also be taken during video recording thanks to the ingenious, multi-tasking design. With a number of advanced movie-editing features, including “movie trimming” to cut unwanted footage from movies, and “movie join” to join multiple separate clips into a single movie.
4. Electronic viewfinders equipped
The FinePix S8200 Series come with built-in Electronic viewfinders (EVF). The EVF make framing subjects, checking focus, and checking white balance in bright daylight conditions a breeze.
5. Advanced Photographic Support
Along with the easy grip surfaces, there is a convenient secondary zoom control on the side of each camera's lens barrel, which gives you the option of adjusting the zoom with your left hand. For hassle-free photography the user can choose from three zoom speeds, or use the Auto Return Zoom control to reach high-magnification focal points. S8200 series come with a Mode Dial to make changing shooting modes easier.
6. Fun-filled feature set
Advanced filters allow you to indulge your artistic expression in-camera. The FinePix S8200 Series users can choose from up to 7 different artistic effects:
- Pop Color — Emphasizes contrast and color saturation.
- Toy Camera — Create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera.
- Miniature — Blurs the top and bottom of the frame for a diorama effect.
- Partial Color — Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white. Colors can be selected from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple for dramatic effect.
- Cross Screen (NEW)*** — Creates starbursts around bright objects.
- Soft Focus (NEW)*** — Create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image.
7. FinePix S8200 Series Key features list:
- FUJINON Super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle, fast apertures of f/2.9 to f/6.5)
- Model name Zoom 35mm format equivalent
- FinePix S8200 40x 24-960mm
- FinePix S8300 42x 24-1,008mm
- FinePix S8400 44x 24-1,056mm
- FinePix S8500 46x 24-1,104mm
- 1/2.3-inch 16 million pixels BSI-CMOS sensor;
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 sec. in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting; 10fps (MAX. 10 frames, full resolution), 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960) ,120 fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 × 480)
- Start-up time of 1.0 sec.
- Shooting interval time of 0.5 sec.
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- Bright 3.0-inch LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Electronic viewfinder (200K-dot)
- Super Macro; 1cm
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- Dual zoom lever
- Shooting functions; 6 Advanced Filters, Individual shutter 3D, HDR, motion panorama and more.
- Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- 3-level zoom switch
- 4 × AA alkaline batteries with an approx. 300 shot battery life
- Available in Black, White, and Red.
* Fujifilm research based on CIPA standards.
** High Speed Movie can be recorded at the following speeds and sizes: 480fps (320 × 120 pixels), 240fps (320 × 240 pixels), 120fps (640 × 480 pixels)
*** Only in post shooting view