Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Fujifilm has announced the new Fujinon XF 23mm f/1.4 R with an RRP of £849. The FUJINON XF23mm will be on sale from October 2013.
From Fujifilm: Fujifilm launches the FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R – a premium wide-angle lens designed to maximise the performance of the Fujifilm X-Trans CMOS sensor for the highest picture quality
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R lens for Fujifilm compact system cameras.
FUJINON XF lenses represent the pinnacle of Fujifilm's optical design technology, with top quality all-glass construction which includes an aspherical lens element. Their fast maximum apertures increase versatility for low-light photography and create scenes with a beautiful bokeh effect, while Fujifilm's HT-EBC coating reduces reflections over a wider range of wavelengths, thereby controlling flare and ghosting. These advanced optical engineering techniques combine to deliver full-frame sensor resolution and noise level performance in the highly detailed APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS sensor in FUJIFILM X-mount cameras.
With a focal length equivalent to 35mm in 35mm format, the FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R is suitable for a wide range of applications including portraits and landscapes as well as more general photography. The fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 allows you to shoot hand-held in low light conditions, where zoom lenses would introduce camera shake, plus it creates beautiful bokeh for artistic images.
Dedicated lens design for use with Fujifilm X-Trans CMOS sensors
- The new lens design provides enhanced resolving power with high contrast to draw the maximum performance out of the highly descriptive X-Trans CMOS sensor.
- The fast f/1.4 aperture allows the user to create images with beautiful bokeh and helps reduce blurring in low light conditions.
- Lens distortion has been reduced to the absolute minimum using only optical rather than digital correction, thereby delivering the highest possible picture quality.
- The rounded seven-blade diaphragm ensures smooth bokeh even when shooting portraits or product shots at a medium aperture to maintain reasonable depth-of-field.
- All lens elements are treated with Fujifilm’s multilayer HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) which delivers enhanced durability and ensures an even spread of light across the sensor.
- The versatile focal length equivalent to 35mm in 35mm format means you can enjoy both a wide-angle and telephoto approach by using your own feet to adjust the distance or angle with the subject matter.
- The FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R features a camera-to-subject distance indicator and a depth-of-field scale on the barrel. Both are useful when manually pre-focusing to capture a fast moving subject, or minimise the shutter lag to capture a fleeting moment.
- The minimum working distance of around 28cm also makes this lens ideal for close-up shots.
- The lens uses an internal focusing system for high speed autofocus. The focusing lens group consists of three cemented lens elements and one aspheric lens element to keep weight down while the built-in high-torque DC coreless motor delivers ultra-fast AF performance.
- The FUJINON XF23mm F1.4 R weighs 300g and measures just 63mm in length making it the most compact and lightweight lens of its class.
- Metal parts are used for the focus and aperture rings, which are designed to give just the right amount of torque and feel in use.
- The large front element gives the premium look of a fast lens, reminiscent of classic lenses from the past.
Fujifilm Fujinon 23mm f/1.4 R Specifications
|Angle of View||63.4°|
|Box Contents||No Data|