Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Where East meets West - Fujifilm Professional, Light and Land Photographic Holidays and Amateur Photographer Magazine are teaming up to provide an exciting photographic competition to mark the return of Fujifilm's classic chrome film - Fujichrome Velvia 50.
This is your chance to win a Light and Land photographic holiday-of-a-lifetime to Istanbul and Cappadocia, Turkey in March 2008 worth over £2,000.
The lucky winner will enjoy a pre-tour tutorial with the landscape photographer, Charlie Waite, before leaving for a 7 night photographic holiday in Turkey, including 5 nights in Istanbul and 2 nights in Cappadocia.
There are also 10 runners-up prizes. Each runner-up will receive 10 rolls of the new Fujichrome Velvia 50 film, a copy of the new Light and Land book - Developing Vision and Style, and a year’s free subscription to Amateur Photographer Magazine.
- Views on Velvia is the theme of the competition.
- The judges will be looking for original and passionate photographs that display excellent composition and a good use of light and colour.
- We are looking for images that are a testament to the unmistakable quality of Fujichrome Velvia 50, Fujichrome Velvia 100 and Fujichrome Velvia 100F colour transparency films.
How to Enter
All images must be taken on Fujichrome Velvia 50, Fujichrome Velvia 100 or Fujichrome Velvia 100F colour transparency films. Images must be scanned and submitted via the new Fujichrome Velvia 50 website
- The competition is open to all photographers based in UK and Eire.
- Entry is free and photographers can submit as many images as they like.
- The closing date for entries is 23 November 2007.
- Short-listed finalists will be invited to submit a print for final judging.
For more information visit the Velvia website.