The firmware (Ver.1.06 to Ver.1.08) update incorporates the following issues. When the MB-D200 Multi-Power Battery Pack (introduced by Nikon) is used with the S5Pro, sometimes the camera may be stopped suddenly (e.g. freeze) due to the contact failure between FinePix S5 Pro and MB-D200.
Cf. Contact failure is not occurred regularly. Even with contact failure in a short period FinePix S5 Pro will be frozen in some case. For removing the trouble, new FinePix S5 Pro firmware has been established.
The firmware (Ver.1.04 to Ver.1.06) update incorporates the following issues.
1. Upgrade of Barcode-reading function
- [BCD (Barcode) MULTI READ] function is added in [IMAGE COMMENT] menu.
If this function is selected, the characters (in the EXIF tag) will not be overwritten but added continuously at each barcode reading. In this case, the user comment already typed in will be erased.
2. Upgrade of [FUNCTION LOCK] function
The following four functions are added in [SELECTED FUNCTION] menu for [FUNCTION LOCK].
- NOISE REDUCTION
- FILE TAG OPTIONS
The contents of the owner's manual will be partly changed along with this update.
Please check them in detail.
The firmware update Ver.1.04 incorporates the following issues.
1. Better white balance when setting FLASH-mode for the WHITE BLANCE.
2. Better white balance when setting AUTO-mode for the WHITE BLANCE and using Nikon non-CPU lenses.
*It requires to set the maximum aperture according to the FinePix S5 Pro Owner's Manual(p.121-p.124).