Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Fujifilm is to launch a firmware update for the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and Fujifilm X-E1 cameras on the 23rd of July.
Further to the detail of the firmware update announced on the 25th of June, point 4 below has been added, offering improved focus precision for subjects in various shooting conditions.
Key contents of the firmware update for X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras:
1. Improved AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
Thanks to an updated algorithm, faster AF speed is achieved with the following XF lenses:
XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
XF18-55mmF2.8–4 R LM OIS
NB: To benefit fully from the improvements above you will need to upgrade your XF lens firmware as well as your camera firmware
2. Addition of a “Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing.
A “Focus Peak Highlight” function, as featured on the FUJIFILM X100S and X20 cameras, has been added to the X-Pro1 and X-E1 via this firmware update. It assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
3. Improvement of the method to change magnification during manual focus.
Just press the dial to activate image magnification during manual focus and then rotate the dial right or left and the camera will alternate between 3x and 10x, whichever direction you turn.
4. Improvement of focus precision in various scenes
The focus detection algorithm has been improved to provide more accurate focus precision for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.
5. XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens: Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) is improved when recording videos. The OIS has been improved to reduce image blurring when walking and recording video footage.
For more information and to download the new firmware, visit the Fujifilm website.