Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Since the launch of the X-Pro1 in early 2012, Fujifilm has received customer feedback on the camera’s performance and is addressing the issues raised by launching a firmware upgrade.
Fujifilm say that on the installation of the new firmware, consumers will see a significant improvement in speed of Auto Focus, improved manual focus and processing/ writing speeds.
The firmware will be released on 18 September 2012 at 6am GMT. The firmware can be downloaded from "Support" on the Fujifilm website.
Improvements made after firmware update:
Focussing in challenging lighting conditions, where light is low or bright, will now be much faster in Auto Focus mode. The focusing distance has also been improved, allowing you to get closer to the subject and capture a great shot without switching to macro mode.
1. Improved performance of auto focus*1
2. Manual Focus improved performance
- Improved operability
- New addition of 3x magnification for checking focus
3. Improved writing speed/ processing speed.
- Improved writing speed to memory card
- Improved speed for playback after shooting
4. Other additional functions:Auto (6400) has been added to the ISO setting. This increased ISO not only speeds up the shutter speed, but also stabilises the image and mitigates blurring of the subject.
*1: The effect will differ according to the lens attached.
*2: the effect will differ according to the card type and image compression.
The firmware can be downloaded from "Support" on the Fujifilm website from 18 September 2012.