Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Fujifilm has announced the new Fujifilm X20, an update to the popular Fujifilm X10, it features a new 12 megapixel X-Trans CMOS sensor for improved resolution and noise performance, as well as phase detection focus for improved focusing speeds. The new optical viewfinder features a Digital Trans Panel that displays shooting information over the optical view.
Read our Fujifilm X20 Hands-On Preview
- NEW Advanced Optical Viewfinder with a Digital Trans Panel
- NEW 12 million pixels 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.06 seconds***
- Improved EXR Processor II
- High quality fast f/2.0-2.8 lens
- 4x FUJINON manual barrel zoom lens
- 2.8-inch High Contrast LCD monitor (460K dots)
- Pop-up Super Intelligent Flash
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds*4, shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Super Macro mode (1cm)
- Motion Panorama360
- 8 Advanced Filters, including ‘Pop Color’ for boosting saturation and ‘Toy Camera’ for a retro look
- Q button for frequently used menu items
- Function (Fn) button
- Multiple Exposure
- NEW GUI showing the focal distance, aperture value and shutter speed in sync with the zoom ring or command dial rotation.
- ADVANCED SR AUTO mode with 64 shooting patterns
- Full HD movie (60fps)
- Manual focus during movie recording
- Output for Stereo Microphone (sold separately)
- Focus Peak Highlight function on the LCD screen
- Available in all black or two-tone black and silver
- 4 types of shutter sounds — Lens Shutter, Focal Plane Shutter, Mirror Up and Silent Shutter.
- Film Simulation mode
- Electronic level, Live histogram
From Fujifilm: FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the new FUJIFILM X20 premium compact camera. Following in the footsteps of the highly acclaimed X10, the FUJIFILM X20 inherits its high-precision lens and refined design, while featuring substantially improved performance. With an X-Trans CMOS II sensor, EXR Processor II and newly-developed Advanced Optical Viewfinder, the X20 is packed full of Fujifilm's latest technology. The X20 is available in both black and two-tone black and silver.
The X20's bright optical viewfinder features a newly-developed Digital Trans Panel. This displays the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focusing area and other shooting information perfectly clearly, even in low-light conditions. What's more, the X20's Advanced Optical Viewfinder synchs with the zoom lens, so that users can accurately compose shots using the viewfinder even when the focal length is constantly changing.
The newly-developed 12 million pixels 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II, which increase resolution by approx. 20%* and reduce noise by more than 30%**, have the ability to capture high resolution images. Thanks to the removal of the optical low pass filter and powerful processor, the FUJIFILM X20 will produce clear images with minimal graininess even at high ISO settings.
The newly-developed X-Trans CMOS II sensor has built-in Phase Detection pixels for high-speed AF in as little as 0.06 seconds***. Additionally, the EXR Processor II offers fast response with a start-up time of only approx. 0.5 seconds*4, a shutter time lag of approx. 0.01 seconds and a shooting interval of 0.5 seconds providing advanced flexibility.
Fujifilm X20 Specifications
|Max Aperture||f/2 - f/2.8|
|35mm equivalent||28mm - 112mm|
|CCD pixels||12Mp (Megapixels)|
|Sensor Type||Back-lit CMOS (B.S.I.)|
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/4000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||30sec|
|ISO sensitivity||100 - 12800|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Type||Li-ion battery NP-50|
|Box Contents||Li-ion battery NP-50, Battery charger BC-50B, Shoulder strap, Lens cap, USB cable, CD-ROM (Viewer software, RAW File Converter etc.*4) Owner's manual|