Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Guild Of Photographers Announces Winners - The Guild of Photographers has announced the Photographer of the Year winners 2013.
Many associations base their ‘Photographer Of The Year’ awards on one image. With the Guild of Photographers entrants images are judged each month by a full panel of experienced judges and those with the highest overall score at the end of the year are awarded the relevant titles.
The Guild is very proud to announce the following winners for 2013 –
- Karen Wiltshire won the overall ‘Photographer of the Year’ title as well as being the Guild’s ‘Photographer of the Year’ in the ‘People’ category. Claire Elliott was the Runner-Up in the ‘People’ category.
- Jenny Wilkinson won the Guild’s ‘Photographer of the Year’ title in the ‘Wedding’ category and Beverley Foster was the Runner-Up.
- Mark Lynham won the ‘Photographer of the Year’ title in the ‘Open’ category and Charlotte Bellamy was the Runner-Up.
- The Guild’s ‘All-Round Photographer of the Year’ title (ie the person with the highest combined score from any two categories) was won by Charlotte Bellamy and the Runner-Up was Mark Lynham.
- An ‘Image of the Year’ was also selected separately by the members and the judges. In both cases an image by Janet Broughton was chosen as the winner.
To find out more about the Guild please visit The Guild of Photographers website.