Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Hasselblad’s ‘next generation’ H System camera will be showcased at Photokina next week. The H5D features a modernized design and a complete new electronic engine to pave the way for ultimate quality imaging, for print-ready JPEG files, and for a smooth and intuitive user interface. The camera is billed by the Sweden-based company as ‘the latest step in the evolution of the best high-end camera system in the world’.
Aimed at high-end professional users the H5D offers:
- New H System lens: HCD 4.8/24mm, equivalent to 17mm on 35mm DSLR format
- New Macro Converter, for superb close-up performance with wide angle lenses
- RAW + JPEG mode for quick preview and print
- New True Focus II provides unique, accurate focus and Immediate Focus Confirm
- Full access to camera information and image preview on rear in tethered mode
- The largest, brightest viewfinder image on the market
- New larger, more ergonomic buttons and an easier to read display style
- New sealing for improved weather proofing plus new sensor unit safety lock
- Optional battery adapter for standalone operation of digital capture unit
- Ultimate image quality with Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- A choice of software: Hasselblad Phocus 2.7 and Adobe Lightroom 4 both included