Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Hasselblad has announced that the release date for its H5D - 40 and H5D - 50 medium format cameras will be at the end of January 2013.
The H5D features a modernized design and a complete new electronic engine to pave the way for ultimate quality imaging, for print-ready JPEG files, and for a smooth and intuitive user interface. The camera is billed by the Sweden-based company as ‘the latest step in the evolution of the best high-end camera system in the world’.
The camera has many improved features, which include:
- New HCD 4.8/24mm lens
- New Macro Converter
- More accurate focusing with True Focus II
- New Immediate Focus Confirm
- New print ready Jpeg files
- New compressed multi-shot RAW files for faster and smoother workflow
- New Camera Configurator
- Larger and more ergonomic buttons
- Larger, easier to read display style
- Updated Graphics User Interface
- More programmable buttons
- New and improved weather sealing
- New and faster processors implementing Hasselblad Image Processing Architecture
For more information, visit the Hasselblad website.