Ricoh Imaging has announced the new HD PENTAX-DA645 28-45mm f/4.5ED AW SR ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for the Pentax 645D and Pentax 645Z medium format Digital SLR cameras. The lens features built in optical shake reduction (SR) and will be available from early September 2014, with an RRP of £3,399.99.
From RICOH IMAGING COMPANY UK: Announced today, the latest lens to join its high performance portfolio – the HD PENTAX DA645 28-45mm f/4.5ED AW SR. This ultra-wide-angle zoom lens incorporating the PENTAX-original built-in SR (Shake Reduction mechanism) is designed to optimise the optical performance of the new PENTAX 645Z, and all PENTAX medium-format digital SLR cameras.
Providing focal lengths from 22mm to 35.5mm in 35mm format, this is the first lens designed specifically for digital imaging. Thanks to its dustproof, weather-resistant construction, this newest member of the AW (All Weather) series offers outstanding reliability and durability in demanding shooting conditions, allowing photographers to capture images outdoors without worry!
For photographers looking to produce exaggerated perspective and expanded depth-of-field shots (unique to wide-angle lenses), this lens is ideal for capturing a range of scenes and subjects; from sweeping landscapes to small indoor spaces.
If that wasn’t enough… its optics consist of 17 elements in 12 groups, including two high-performance aspherical elements and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements, to enhance image resolution and brightness at edges, while minimizing aberrations. Coupled with a high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating** to optimise light transmittance and minimize reflection, and the PENTAX-exclusive, high-grade Aero Bright Coating’ this lens is designed to bring out optimum performance in medium-format digital SLR cameras.
Other features include:
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to repel water and grease
- A rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (out-of-focus rendition), while minimizing the streaking effect of light
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation driven by a built-in DC motor
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system
- Various filters such as the C-PL (circular polarizing) filter can be attached to the front of the lens - a unique feature for a wide-angle lens.
* HD stands for High Definition
** A PENTAX-original lens coating process developed through the use of nanotechnology. Usingasilica aerogel with a uniform porous structure as the base material, this coating produces clear, high-quality imagesby assuring outstanding anti-reflection performance over a broad wavelength range.