New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Hoodman introduce FlipUp LCD Cap for digital SLRs

Hoodman introduce FlipUp LCD Cap for digital SLRs - New protective cover for your camera's LCD which flips open and acts as a shade from glare when used outdoors.

Category : Digital SLRs

Hoodman introduce FlipUp LCD Cap for digital SLRs
Hoodman introduce FlipUp LCD Cap for digital SLRs
The NEW Hoodman FlipUp range of LCD caps are designed to protect the LCD screen on your Digital SLR from damage and reduces glare by flipping up into an anti-glare 3-sided hood. Hoodman FlipUp Caps are available in the following camera fittings

Comments

CanonMan e2
12 485 4 England
21 Mar 2005 7:24AM
Won't these get in the way when you're looking through the viewfinder?

Pete e2
13 18.4k 96 England
21 Mar 2005 8:39AM
The hood folds down when looking through veiwfinder.
Glamrox 9 304 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2005 1:23PM
So to check a shot you have to fold the hood up or save yourself 35 quid and hold you hand up over the top of the screen. Does anyone really see this as a useful "gadget" given it will take more effrt to use than your hand?
col.campbell 10 773 4 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2005 1:31PM
Looks fantastic and gadgety but I can't help but agree with Glamrox
Pete e2
13 18.4k 96 England
21 Mar 2005 1:50PM
Exactly, some will do that, others will prefer the convenience of this item. It's just like lens hoods...some shield the lens, others prefer a hood.
Goatsmilkuk 9 783
21 Mar 2005 11:52PM
35 !!!!
For a cheap looking bit of plastic that you don't reaaly need.

I think not

Stu
happyfudge 11 1
22 Mar 2005 12:12AM
I can understand what people are saying that it is more quicker and more functional to use you hand, although your hand can't cover your LCD display forever protecting from any mis fortune that may arise that this simple little gadget can. I think it's a good idea, just like having a UV filter on the front of your expensive lens in order to protect it. Better the filter get scratched than the lens, same with the display.
Glamrox 9 304 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2005 2:54AM
True enough it may well have a use if you dont have a screen protector but as my D70 came with one I dont see this as an advantage
den2il 11 203 England
22 Mar 2005 9:40AM
Your cheek will be pressing up against it so therefore your eye will be further away from the eyepiece. Had something similar which I took off immediately.
22 Mar 2005 9:13PM
It would be neat if it had a mirror on it so you can look down into the image or a magnifyer so you can view the LCD as a viewfinder. But a viewer like that is not necessary on a DSLR.
23 Mar 2005 1:19PM
FWIW, I cut the diffuser end off a cheap plastic slide viewer and use that as a magnifier hood to see the LCD on my old Uzi (Olym.C2100). works great, just stick it in my pocket in between uses...
23 Mar 2005 1:19PM
FWIW, I cut the diffuser end off a cheap plastic slide viewer and use that as a magnifier hood to see the LCD on my old Uzi (Olym.C2100). Works great, just stick it in my pocket in between uses...
evilc 9
27 Mar 2005 11:21AM
Some poor mug will fall for this one, the manufacturer knows there are plenty about.