The tab bar at the top of the home page is the easiest way to navigate the site and access all the features ePHOTOzine has to offer. Here's our quick guide to which tabs take you where.
Here's the tabs bar:
– Wherever you go on the site, if you want to return to the home screen, just click the house-shaped icon and it will take you straight back to the home page.
– Clicking on the news tab will take you to our news page, showing you all our very latest news stories like this:
On the left hand side in blue are all the different categories of News. If you're looking for something specific, click one of these to refine your search. You will then see all the latest news for that particular subject. There are also a series of tabs above the news. The Activities tab shows you all the latest comments made on stories, the hot tab shows you what we think are the best news stories, the popular tab shows you the most viewed news stories, and the latest viewed tab shows you the stories that were last clicked on by viewers.
If you hover over the news tab rather than clicking on it straight away, you can also access our RSS feeds, look at the ePHOTOzine newsletter and access our glossary. You can also submit news stories if you come across something you think we might be interested in. To access these options, simply click on them from the drop-down menu.
– Our directory section is where you can find photography companies, brands and clubs. Clicking on the tab brings up the directories home page, where you see links to our featured directories, related equipment, general resources, and education, galleries and clubs directories. This is useful if you're looking for a reputable company to do something for you, for example a camera repairer can be found by clicking on the camera repairers tab in the equipment related section.
By hovering over this tab, you can access a whole host of different materials. You can add a directory, check out up coming exhibitions, look up book publishers, and browse a load of different directories for your every need. You're guaranteed to find something relevant to you!
– Clicking on this tab takes you to our Forums. How to navigate the forums is looked at in a separate guide.
By hovering on the forums link, you can access specific sections of the forums and manage your forum and topic views.
– Clicking on the reviews tab takes you straight in to our reviews section where you can see all our latest reviews of the newest cameras and photography equipment. Again, you can use the blue list down the left hand side to refine what you are looking for.
Hover over this tab, and you can also add a review of your own, check out our latest book reviews, and take a look at our map of the greatest photography locations in the UK.
– Click on our photos tab and you will be taken to the photos page, where you can see our recently awarded photos. Scroll down, and along the left hand side there are different sections for you to take a look at; latest challenge uploads, latest gallery comments and uploads to name but a few. There are many galleries and photos to look through!
Hover over this tab, and you can contribute by uploading a photo or by creating a challenge for our members. It also allows you to see our popular pages, our awards section and allows you to browse galleries. You can also see your personal stuff where you can select your favourite photos, and create your own awards short list.
– Have a click on the techniques tab and much like the news page, you can see all our latest techniques and refine your search with the blue selections running down the left hand side of the screen.
Hover over this tab, and you can access photo month, where you can try out a new technique every day. You can also contribute your own techniques, and have a look at our articles section.
– This tab lets you get to know a bit more about us. You can sign up to e2, our premium membership, find out about the team, advertise with the site, and you can also get help through our FAQs or file a report. You can also support the site through this tab.
Hover over the tab to find out more about our affiliate scheme, and take a look at ePHOTOzine.tv, where you can watch some great photography themed clips and videos with hints and tips about photography and equipment.
– Our store is a great place to look for camera related goods. Buy one of our camera straps, and take a look at our parter shops for some great gift ideas.
Hovering over the store tab allows you to have a look at our branded clothing range, and browse our instruction manuals along with loads of other services.
– Community is the place to go if you want to get involved. Clicking on this tab brings up recently updated user portfolios, so you can browse all the very latest photos our users have uploaded.
Hovering over this tab allows you to enter our competitions, and look at some of our great sister sites like Nikon Nation and Totally Tamron. You can also look at groups and events that are meeting up and happening soon, and renew or extend your e2 membership.
– The videos tab takes you to our latest uploaded videos of useful or interesting tips and techniques on photography. It also lets you link to ePHOTOzine TV to see more videos too.
– The magnifying glass is our site searcher. Click on it, and then type in your criteria. Any articles related to your search will then appear. You can refine results by clicking on the sections along the left hand side in the blue.
On the right of the magnifying glass is your profile. This will be discussed in a later article.