Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Computers and PDAs|
HP DVD 300 drives record DVDs in 15 minutes - With the industry's fastest DVD write speeds of 4x it can now take 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes to write a full 4.7GB write-once DVD+R disc, the equivalent of three hours of digital video.
The latest ArcSoft Showbiz DVD software, version 1.3, included with the HP DVD Writer 300 series makes digital video creation extremely simple, even for first time users. The software allows users to quickly and easily transfer video footage to PCs and create professional-quality videos and presentations on DVD. With a single user interface for video capturing, authoring and editing, only a few steps are needed to create a digital video from start to finish. Users can also safeguard precious photos onto DVDs for long lasting, high quality memories or convert traditional photos into digital format by scanning, editing and then storing.
In addition, the HP DVD 300i and 300e drives enable users to save up to 4.7GB of data in a reliable and robust format and act as a back-up for a PC hard drive. Users can either create secure data archives on write-once DVDs or use rewriteble DVDs where data can be edited and re-edited data after it has been stored.
In addition, the HP DVD 300i and HP DVD 300e drives
allow users to:
- Play discs in most DVD players and DVD ROM drives
- Record up to three hours (4.7GB) of footage onto one DVD disc instead of nearly seven CDs
- Use the random access function to save time by editing your movie in any order rather than frame by frame
- Easily transfer video footage from your camcorder or VCR directly to DVD disc and then add photos, other video footage or music using HP MYDVD by Sonic
- Play DVD movies on a PC using PowerDVD by Cyberlink®
- Burn data and music CDs and data DVDs with HP RecordNow powered by VERITAS
- Drag and drop files from Windows Explorer using HP DLA powered by VERITAS
- Backup, protect and restore individual files using HP Simple Backup powered by VERITAS
Other information about the HP DVD300 series:
- Supports DVD+RW, DVD+R, CD-R and CD-RW
- Is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Me, 98, 2000 Professional SP2
- Will not write a Content Scrambling code to disc, meaning it protects against illegal copying of pre-recorded DVD films
- Quick and easy to install using IEEE 1394 or USB 2.0 interface
New HP DVD Media
HP also introduces a new 4x DVD+R write-once media. This new high performance write-once optical DVD media stores up to 4.7 GB of video, photos, music and data files with write speeds of 1x, 2,4x or 4x. It also offers maximum compatibility with DVD players and DVD-ROM drives as well as protection from accidental erasure or deletion.
The HP DVD writers use DVD+R/+RW technology, which means that DVD discs created with these HP DVD writers can be played on both DVD-video and DVD-ROM drives. The DVD+R/+RW media are also compatible with most of the DVD players and DVD drives already installed in homes and businesses, giving you peace of mind that you can share discs with friends and family.
Pricing and availability
HP DVD300i: £249 available in January
HP DVD300e: £299 available in February