Colour Confidence, the colour management division of TypeMaker, today announced the availability of version 4.5 of the popular iCorrect EditLab Pro. The product is a highly acclaimed application for colour correction and editing and perfectly complements Colour Confidence's existing colour management portfolio that continues to meet the imaging demands of amateur and professional digital photographers.
iCorrect EditLab Pro 4.5 builds on the success and best features of iCorrect EditLab and iCorrect Professional to create an easy-to-use, highly productive colour correction and management tool for digital photographers, photo labs and graphic professionals. EditLab Pro eliminates the frustration often associated with colour correction. The software consists of four separate tool sets identified by four distinct tool tabs. The tool sets are logically arranged to allow users to progress from left to right to alleviate the common frustration of correcting one aspect but altering another at the same time, unintentionally.
With sales of digital cameras growing rapidly and further accelerated by the festive period, the issue of colour accuracy is more pertinent than ever before. According to Geoffrey Clements, Managing Director, Colour Confidence, "Colour management solutions are becoming an essential ingredient in digital imaging set ups. Products such as iCorrect EditLab Pro represent a cost-effective method to fast, simple, and accurate colour correction. We have every confidence Version 4.5 will continue to build on the success of its predecessor."
The software applies very sophisticated colour editing tools in a simple and easy to use form that promotes considerable time-saving with features including:
- SmartColor Technology: Automatically analyses the image and sets the colour correction parameters to initial optimum settings.
- Save Custom Settings: Colour correction parameters can be saved and applied to other similar images on an individual basis or as an entire batch.
- Create ICC Profiles: Colour correction parameters can be saved as ICC profiles for colour managed workflows.
- Photoshop Actions Enabled: Each colour correction can be recorded as a Photoshop action for automated workflows.
- AutoQ: The stand-alone version features a unique AutoQ function allowing users to load multiple images into the program for rapid-fire colour correction.
- ProcessQ: The stand-alone version features a unique ProcessQ that automatically applies colour correction parameters to an entire batch of similar images.
- Auto File Format Conversion: Automatically convert a batch of images from one file format to another.
iCorrect EditLab Pro is available either as an Adobe Photoshop action enabled plug-in or a stand-alone application for rapid-fire batch colour correction. The stand alone version features ProcessQ(tm), PictoColor's new technology for automatically applying customised correction parameters or ICC input profiles to a group of pictures. Both versions are available for Macintosh or Windows operating systems.