Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Maximum Image Sharpness Is Now Easier To Achieve - A new image sharpness calculating tool is now available for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
OptimumCS-Pro 2 is now available from Apple’s App Store.
In a press release, George Douvos, developer of the app, said: "OptimumCS-Pro 2 introduces substantial usability enhancements to the only tool that utilises an optimum settings algorithm to calculate outputs.
If you're shooting scenes where there is more than one object of interest, where these are located at different distances from the camera, and where you want maximum image sharpness, OptimumCS-Pro 2 is, literally, the only tool that does the job.
It's fast and intuitive - the user sets the distances to the nearest and furthest objects, and OptimumCS-Pro 2 instantly displays the focus distance and aperture that minimise the combined effects of defocus blur and diffraction, for the sharpest image across the desired distance range that the laws of physics will allow."
The new version includes:
- User-definable focal length presets, for lightning-fast focal length selection
- Distance scales switchable from the main screen
- An improved, easier to use, more elegant settings screen
- A new, expanded "links" screen
- Instructions on using OptimumCS-Pro 2 with tilt-shift lenses
- A new look and numerous other improvements
- All other "pro" features, including the blur diameter data display and the optional focus shift scale for use with view cameras, remain, while the usability enhancements add to the app's reputation as being perfect for creative professionals who don’t want their tools to get in the way of their work or their art