Panasonic have created a 45-150mm lens for its Digital Single Lens Mirrorless LUMIX G cameras, designed specifically for compatibility with the Micro Four Thirds System standard. It has a metal body, is compact, lightweight and is optimized for HD video. Have a look at our Panasonic Lumix G 45-150mm hands-on preview.
Price is expected to be £279 with the lens available from September.
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm Features:
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (2 aspherical lenses , 1 UHR lens)
- Nano Surface Coating: Yes
- Mount: Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer: Yes (MEGA O.I.S.)
- Focal Length: f=45-150mm (35mm camera equivalent 90-300mm)
- Aperture Type: 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture: F4.0
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.9m / 3.0ft
- Maximum magnification: Approx. 0.17x / 0.35x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View: 27°(Wide) to 8.2°(TELE)
- Filter Size: ö52mm / 2.0in
- Max. Diameter: ö62mm / 2.4in
- Overall Length: Approx. 73mm / 2.9in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight: Approx. 200g / 7.1oz (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
- Standard Accessories: Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap
Panasonic has today launched its latest telephoto zoom interchangeable lens for Digital Single Lens Mirrorless LUMIX G cameras, designed specifically for compatibility with the Micro Four Thirds System standard. The compact, lightweight LUMIX G VARIO 45-150mm (35mm equivalent focal length: 90-400mm) is an affordable lens with a metal body, optimized for HD video recording and is perfect for capturing crisp, blur-free images when shooting sporting events and other distant subjects.
The lens incorporates Panasonic’s MEGA O.I.S. optical image stabiliser, which makes it easy to shoot extremely clear photos even in low-lit situations by suppressing the blur caused by handshake.
Panasonic's Nano Surface Coating technology has also been adopted in the lens, minimising reflection across the entire visual light range. This enables the lens to achieve clear pictures and a dramatic reduction in ghosting and lens flare.
The LUMIX G VARIO 45-150mm is the latest addition to Panasonic’s LUMIX G microsystem, which includes the world’s largest range of Micro Four Thirds lenses and accessories, making sure you have the right set-up to capture every moment. The lens range includes the new premium lens brand, ‘X’ for LUMIX G – ultra-compact electronic power zoom lenses which utilise the best in advanced optical performance.
Have a look at our Panasonic Lumix G 45-150mm hands-on preview.
Visit Panasonic's website
for more information.
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Specifications
- Panasonic Micro Four Thirds
- Olympus Micro Four Thirds
|Focal Length||45mm - 150mm|
|Angle of View||8.2° - 27°|
|Max Aperture||f/4 - f/5.6|
|35mm equivalent||90mm - 300mm|
|Box Contents||Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap|
View Full Product Details