Epson will demonstrate its 6-colour, compact digital dry lab for high-quality photo print production at Focus on Imaging (4-7 March, NEC, Birmingham, UK) for the first time.
- 6-colour, compact digital dry lab for high-quality photo production
- Prints on glossy, lustre and matte paper at up to 12 inches (30.5cm) wide
- Epson professional UltraChrome D6 ink-set (C,M,Y,K,Lm,Lc)
- Resolution of up to 1440 x 1440dpi
- Produces up to 650 4 x 6-inch (10.2 x 15.2cm) prints per hour
- Supports roll media from 4 to 12 inches (10.2 to 30.5cm) wide
- Dual-roll model allows two different media types and/or two different roll widths to be loaded
- Optional OrderController software includes basic photo re-touching
- Optional A4 job sorter for convenient job collection
- Easy to operate – virtually no maintenance required except consumables replacement
- Convenient, power-efficient printing with no chemicals
- Can be positioned in a corner, as operated from two adjacent sides
- Small footprint and wheels for convenient installation
Ideal for traditional mini-lab retail environments, the Epson SureLab SL-D3000 also offers new business opportunities for print shop owners. It can print on glossy, matte and lustre media up to 12-inches (30.5cm) wide to produce photos, greetings cards, invitations, flyers and promotional leaflets.
The SL-D3000 utilises Epson's proven Micro Piezo printhead technology, in combination with Epson's original ink and LUT, to deliver accurate reproduction and a maximum resolution of 1440 x 1440dpi. Epson’s UltraChrome D6 6-colour photo ink-set achieves a wide colour gamut that exceeds that of silver halide, yielding prints that are vivid and lifelike with excellent black density.
The power-efficient SL-D3000 uses significantly less energy than a wet lab, and does not need a water supply, air filter or chemicals, reducing impact on the environment and the total cost of ownership. Further lowering the cost per print, the printhead and LUT are carefully configured to use ink economically while maintaining the best print quality.
Users don't need any specialist skills to operate the SL-D3000. The optional ‘OrderController’ software, which includes basic photo re-touching, makes setting up jobs easy. The SL-D3000 begins printing quickly without the need to warm-up chemicals, and can automatically move finished prints to an optional A4 job sorter. The only regular maintenance required is consumables replacement.
For placement flexibility and easy installation, the SL-D3000 has wheels and a small footprint. It can be positioned in a corner to save space, as it is operated from two adjacent sides.
The dual-roll model allows two different media types and/or two different roll widths to be loaded simultaneously for versatility and improved productivity. A single-roll configuration will also be available.
The SL-D3000 will be available in the UK in late Summer 2012. Pricing information will be available nearer the time.
for more information.