Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Judges Revealed For Sony WPA 2014 - The judges have been revealed for the Sony World Photography Awards 2014.
With just over one month remaining for photographers to enter the 2014 Sony World Photography Awards, the World Photography Organisation (WPO) is proud to announce the Honorary Judging Committee for this year’s competition and to reveal an exclusive selection of submissions to the 2014 awards.
The 2014 Honorary Judging Committee will be chaired by William Hunt, photography consultant based in New York, who will once again also host the annual awards gala on 30 April, 2014. The full panel comprises of photography professionals from the World Photographic Academy including:
- Ruth Eichhorn, Director of Photography, Geo Magazine (Germany)
- Johanna Neurath, Design Director for Thames & Hudson publishing (UK)
- Isbaella Icoz, Curator (Turkey)
- Guy Harrington, Director, Soho Management (UK)
- Matthew Pillsbury, Photographer (US)
- Harry Hardie, Panos Pictures/ HERE Press (UK)
- Suzy Koo, Creative Media Manager, Burberry (UK)
- Poorna Bell, Lifestyle Editor, Huffington Post
- Simon Barnett, Director of Photography, CNN Digital
The shortlists for the 2014 awards will be announced on 4 February, followed by the winners of the Open categories on 18 March. The overall and Professional categories winners will be revealed at the Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony held in London on 30 April.
For more information, take a look at the Sony World Photography Awards website.