PortraitPro 12 HALF PRICE + EXTRA 10% OFF code EPZROS612

Just Ltd introduce CameraBivvy

Just Ltd introduce CameraBivvy - Just Ltd, of Newbury, Berkshire UK have introduced CameraBivvy, a new portable pop-up clean room for digital photographers.

Category : Convertors and Other Adaptors

CameraBivvy in use
Just Ltd introduce CameraBivvy
CameraBivvy close up
Just Ltd introduce CameraBivvy
CameraBivvy closed
Just Ltd introduce CameraBivvy
Press release:
It is a well-known fact that dust is a major issue for many digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras. Changing lenses often lets dust enter the camera body. Once inside the camera, dust contaminates the sensor causing unsightly spots to appear on images. Although the sensor can be cleaned, often the contamination is not noticed until the images are viewed on screen at a later stage.

As a result, many users of DSLR's never change lenses in an attempt to reduce the dust problem, thus depriving themselves of the key benefit of a SLR. Some photographers now use multiple bodies, each with a different lens on to avoid the dust issue.

To address this problem, Just have introduced CameraBivvy a pop-up tent that provides a protected environment to change lenses or perform sensor cleaning activities. Weighing less than 120g (6oz) and measuring around 16cm (6 in) across when packed, CameraBivvy is small and light to suit most gadget bags. It pops-up instantly to form a sealed tent for safe lens changing.

Although there are many occasions when lenses can be changed with ease, there are also many situations where dust can be a major threat as lens changing renders the camera liable to contamination. Motorsport, Industry, Agriculture, Beaches as well as Rain and Snow for example. When working in such conditions CameraBivvy can provide an instant, safe location to work in.

With a recommended retail price of £24.95 including VAT CameraBivvy is an inexpensive accessory for today's digital photographer.

CameraBivvy is distributed in the UK by Just Limited. Just distributes a wide range of cleaning products for the imaging industry.

Further information is available at www.cameraclean.co.uk

Just can be contacted on Telephone: 01635 581662 Fax: 01635 581668 or by Email: sales@justblack.co.uk

CameraBivvy and the rest of the Just Product range can be seen at the Photokina Exhibition in Cologne from September 26th to October 1st 2006 Hall 6 Booth D30

View Directory Page : Just Ltd

Comments

Ade_Osman 11 4.5k 36 England
10 Aug 2006 1:30PM
BONKERS!

Especially for what their charging for it.
Whenever I've been worried about changing lense because of dust etc. Which isn't very often, I've always used a bog standard carrier bag which I keep in my rucksack and can be used for a whole multitude of different things....I really can't think of any reason why someone would want to buy this, other than the fact they having nothing better to spend their money on!.....And if that daft to want to give away 25 notes, well you could always give it to me!

Ade

peterjones e2
12 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2006 2:09PM
designed to catch photographers not dust.

Peter.
MikeA 9 1.1k England
10 Aug 2006 2:28PM
I think I would be more worried about the approaching combine harvester than dust on a sensor if I were the block in the picture. (lol).

MikeA.
RipleyExile 11 1.6k 17 England
10 Aug 2006 2:46PM
One slight problem would be that as soon as you put something in it (a camera and your hands) it no longer is a 'clean room'. This is especially the case if you use it for sensor cleaning as stated. Essentially it is a single use device that contains dust and dirt after the first time you use it. A protected environment that keeps dirt out and dirt in.
mack 10 290 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2006 2:57PM
Put a plastic bag in your pocket for the job if you are that worried about dust. You want your bumps looking at if you fork out 25 for just another gimmick
deviant 10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2006 3:46PM
One for the innovations catalogue I think. Up there with slippers with torches in the front.
deviant 10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2006 3:47PM
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
10 Aug 2006 4:09PM

Quote: BONKERS!

Couldn't agree more Ade!!
ahollowa 10 1.1k England
10 Aug 2006 4:12PM
"slippers with torches in the front"

ooooo where can I get them they sound great. Can you also get one of those giant two feet in one slipper with a tourch on the front!!!!

cheers

Al.
mattw 10 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2006 4:32PM
Sensor cleaning... IN THE FIELD????????
Is it April 1st already?

Mattw
10 Aug 2006 9:00PM
Well as I thought up this daft product, I suppose I should defend it.

It's purpose is to provide a wind-free protected location, rather than a dust-free clean room, which is very hard to achieve ( but not impossible ) in the field. I dont suggest that it used for lens changing under normal outside conditions, or even under adverse conditions for most people. But if you absolutely have to work in tough conditions and you need to minimise the contamination risks, you might find this product useful.

I recall reading a story a couple of years back about how a pro-photographer managed to get a snowflake on his sensor while out and about ( and cleaning his sensor). So yes, some people do clean their sensors outdoors.

And to Mike, yes I did leave my bag open and yes it did fill up with copious amounts of barley debris. But my D200, 18-70mm and 10-20mm lenses were dust free inside the bivvy.

Peter Brogden
keithh 10 22.7k 29 Wallis And Futuna
11 Aug 2006 9:35AM
and I don't mind shelling out the princely sum of 25 for one....better than a carrier bag and I suspect not biodegradable.
IanA 10 3.0k 12 England
11 Aug 2006 11:50AM
It would make more sense and be an improvement on the carrier bag if it had a see-through panel on the top. Otherwise, good thinking.

Ian
u08mcb 10 5.8k
11 Aug 2006 2:24PM

Quote: I especially like the fact that his camera bag is open in the picture getting dust all over his other lenses lol!

sharks with fricking laser beams.
u08mcb 10 5.8k
11 Aug 2006 2:24PM
oops i meant to quote post above. nevermind :/
Ade_Osman 11 4.5k 36 England
11 Aug 2006 3:45PM
Sorry Peter, I never really mean't to knock it as badly as I did, I'm sure it does what it's supposed to do rather well. But at 25 notes, I think I'll stick with the carrier bag! As an amateur on benefits, not thru choice I might add, I can find better things to spend that kind of money on!

Ade
11 Aug 2006 6:30PM
It's not really aimed at amateurs. My thinking was Pro-Photographers on assignments, who cant afford the financial consequences of ruined pics through dust. If I thought everyone would want one, I would have had thousands made and got the cost down accordingly.
theorderingone 10 2.4k United Kingdom
15 Aug 2006 10:08AM
I've just returned from shooting a music festival, where I had to clean my sensor twice in a/the field.

Something like this would've been very handy.
chinny 9 492 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2006 9:18AM
Like to see me changing my 500Mm Prime in it !!

Lol