Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Digital Storage Devices|
Kingston DataTraveler secure USB drives - Capable of withstanding harsh operating conditions, the new DataTraveler Secure features a revolutionary new waterproof titanium-coated stainless steel casing.
Kingston Technology today launched the DataTraveler Secure - a new line of durable, waterproof USB 2.0 Flash drives featuring industry-leading hardware-based encryption to safeguard critical data. The new DataTraveler Secure joins Kingston Technology’s family of DataTraveler USB drives and is ideal for anyone wanting to carry around large amounts of data for work, study and leisure activity.
Its waterproof rating conforms to the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 60529 IPX8 standard to protect against water damage to depths of up to four feet.
Controlled access and data protection is provided via a 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware-based encryption, enabling information to be encrypted and decrypted by authorised users, without the need for special software. The DataTraveler Secure drives are performing at the top of their class with 24 MB/sec read and 10 MB/sec write speeds, and are available in capacities of up to 4 GB.
Jim Selby, Product Marketing Manager EMEA, Kingston Technology comments, “Kingston continues to deliver a wide range of USB Flash drives to protect user data.” The DataTraveler Secure drives ensure data integrity under extreme conditions, without sacrificing performance.”
Data Security for Work, Study and Leisure Activity
Designed to protect sensitive data on Windows-based systems, the new Kingston Technology DataTraveler Secure comes with MyDataZone software. MyDataZone software enables users to apply password-controlled access for a private data storage area on the USB drive. If ever lost or stolen, this advanced encryption continues to protect data in the drive’s privacy zone. For ease-of-use and personalisation, the DataTraveler Secure includes My Traveler software to help users manage content, set language preferences and synchronize files with a host device.
Kingston DataTraveler Secure Specifications
- Dimensions: 3.06” x 0.9” x 0.47” (77.9mm x 22.2mm x 12.05mm)
- Casing: Titanium-coated stainless steel
- Capacities: 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB
- Compliant: Designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
- Storage Temperature: - 4º F to 185º F (- 20º C to 85º C)
- Compatibility: Win 2000 SP4 or higher, Win XP SP1 and above
- Secure: Uses 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption (privacy zone)
- Waterproof: Protected against water damage
- Fast: Data transfer rates of up to 24 MB/sec read and up to 10 MB/sec write
- Enhanced: For Windows® Vista ReadyBoost™
- Safeguarded: Includes MyDataZone access security software for Windows
- Easy to Use: Plug-and-play into any USB port, including My Traveler file management software
- Guaranteed: Five-year warranty