Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Kingston Technology announce 2 Gb SD card - Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, have announced the further expansion of its Secure Digital (SD) Ultimate Card product line with the release of a new 2 Gb capacity card
Similar to CD-ROM drives, many devices are currently sold with an X speed rating to give users a performance indicator of how fast a card can transfer (read and/or write) data. Kingston Technology X-speed ratings are based on write speed, and X-speed performance is a function of MegaBytes per second (MB/sec) of write speed. Higher X-speed ratings signify faster cards.
Kingston Technology SD Ultimate Features and Specifications:
1) Capacity 2 Gb
2) Dimensions 24mm x 32mm x 2.1 mm
3) Speed Rating - 21 Mb/sec. read rate; 120X / 18 Mb/sec. write rate
4) Operating Temperature 32 F to 140 F (0 C to 60 C)
5) Storage Temperature - -4 F to 185 F (-20 C 85 C)
6) Standardised complies with SD Association specification standards
7) Small about the size of a postage stamp
8) Secure built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
9) Simple as easy as plug-and-play
10)Reliable lifetime warranty
11)Economical low power consumption is easy on devices batteries
The new 2Gb SD Ultimate Card will have a suggested retail price of 105 (excluding VAT).