Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Kodak enhances ink replacement options - Kodak meet consumer demand for ease, convenience and value.
Kodak today announced an update to its innovative low cost ink system for its Kodak All-in-One (AiO) Printers. Since its market launch in 2007, Kodak has provided premium-quality, low cost ink to consumers who are fed up with overpaying for ink refills. Beginning in 2010, Kodak will enhance its ink replacement options to offer a broader range of ink cartridges. Designed with consumer needs and replacement preferences in mind, Kodak’s new suite of inks will continue to save consumers on average £75 a year on ink based on as few as four pages per day2.
Kodak’s new ink replacement offerings include a new black XL ink cartridge and improved colour ink cartridge to enable consumers to print more with added convenience.
• The new Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10XL (£11.49 RRP) provides 70% more pages than the standard Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10B cartridge3 which means greater convenience for consumers who print more frequently and want to change ink cartridges less often.
• Kodak will continue to offer a standard Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10B at the convenient £6.99 RRP price point for those who prefer the value and ease of purchase that it provides.
• The improved Kodak Colour Ink Cartridge 10C (£11.99 RRP) provides 10% more pages than the current #10 Colour Cartridge4 which allows consumers to print more with less frequent cartridge replacement.
“Our new suite of ink replacement options is designed to provide our consumers with the best possible value and quality,” said Enrico Bradamante, Kodak’s Director of Inkjet Systems, Europe. “We set out to transform the inkjet industry in 2007 with a business model that consumers shouldn’t have to overpay for ink. We are committed to continuing to be the consumer champion by providing premium-quality ink options, at an affordable price, enabling consumers to print what they want, when they want without fear of ink replacement costs.”
The enhanced ink offerings are designed to provide greater convenience while maintaining Kodak’s industry-leading savings and the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry.1 For consumers who print frequently, the new Black Ink Cartridge 10XL and Colour Ink Cartridge 10C offer an easy replacement process, meaning more printing and less trips to the store.
Kodak’s enhanced ink cartridges will use the same premium pigment-based inks to continue to deliver the high-quality print output that consumers expect. Kodak Ink Cartridges use proprietary premium nano-particulate pigment-based inks to produce documents and Kodak Lab-Quality Photos5 that last a lifetime6.
The new Kodak cartridges are compatible with all Kodak AiO Printers, including today’s newly announced Kodak ESP Office 6150 All-in-One Printer. With one set of ink replacement cartridges for all Kodak AiO printers, consumers’ replacement process is easy and efficient.
For more information about Kodak’s fairly priced ink and technology, please visit ‘Ink Headquarters’.
- As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers total ink load replacement costs using manufacturers recommended ink cartridges; excludes printers that use only one cartridge.
- Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using annual print volumes of 150 4x6 in. colour photos, 800 black text pages, 550 mixed colour graphic pages using standard cartridges available in single quantity pricing. Actual results may vary. For more information visit kodak.com/go/inkdata
- Page yield comparison based on ISO/IEC 24711 using ISO/IEC 19752 test target or Kodak testing methodology, utilizing KODAK All-in-One Printers. Actual results may vary. See kodak.co.uk/go/inkdata for details.
- Page yield comparison to No. 10 colour cartridge based on ISO/IEC 24711 using ISO/IEC 24712 test target of Kodak testing methodology, utilising KODAK All-in-One Printers. Actual results may vary. See kodak.com/go/inkdata for details.
- Using KODAK Ultra Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers.
- Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) on Kodak papers.