Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
New offerings from Kodak - Kodak make images and videos smarter, sharper and easier to share.
Kodak have today introduced an array of new products that deliver stunning results while also making it easy for consumers to capture and share their pictures and videos.
The new introductions include the Kodak Zi8 Digital Video Camera and additions to Kodak’s popular digital still camera and digital frame portfolios.
“Consumers place high value on their images and video to strengthen and improve relationships, and have consistently relied on Kodak to help them make their personal content a part of their daily lives,” says Carolyn Walsh, Product Sales Director, CDG, FPG, UK & Ireland. “These new Kodak Products deliver unsurpassed ease of use and quality, and also let consumers experience and share moments they love in fun and engaging ways.”
Kodak Zi8 Digital Video Camera
An exciting new entry to its popular line of Digital Video Cameras, the Kodak Zi8 Digital Video Camera features a sleek design, high-quality full 1080p High Definition video capture, and built-in electronic image stabilisation.
“More and more consumers are enjoying the ease of capturing fun and spontaneous video and sharing it with friends and family, on the family HDTV or via social networking websites,” says Walsh. “With the new KODAK Zi8 Digital Video Camera, consumers can capture life on the go in vivid HD, and then quickly and easily share it.”
The slim and stylish Kodak Zi8 Digital Video Camera is designed to meet these needs with a range of advanced features that includes:
- Take full HD 1080p video wherever you go;
- Built-in electronic image stabilisation that produces sharper videos and less blur;
- Vivid 2.5in colour LCD;
- Swing-out USB arm for fast uploading, sharing, and charging;
- 5MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures;
- Easy upload to Facebook and YouTube;
- Available in aqua, raspberry and black from September, 2009 for £149.99.
The newest addition to Kodak’s Z-Series digital camera line delivers outstanding control and Kodak’s Smart Capture technology to consistently produce high quality images.
The Kodak Easyshare Z950 Digital Camera offers a 10X image stabilised Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon optical zoom lens, providing maximum versatility for avid photographers to easily handle both distant and close-up shots. It also incorporates Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically adjusts focus, flash, and exposure for great, no-hassle pictures in virtually any setting.
“The combination of these features plus a 12MP sensor makes the Z950 a compact digital capture powerhouse, with outstanding image quality and ease of use at an affordable price,” says Walsh.
The full feature set of the new Kodak Easyshare Z950 Digital Camera includes:
- 12MP sensor (for prints up to 30in x 40in);
- 10X image stabilised Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon optical zoom lens;
- Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for beautiful pictures in virtually any environment;
- Capture challenging action shots without delay with fast click-to-capture speed (<0.3 seconds);
- Available for £199.99 from September, 2009.
New to Kodak’s popular M Series camera line, the Kodak Easyshare M381 Digital Camera boasts sleek style, a 5X optical zoom lens, and an advanced feature set that includes:
- 12MP sensor for prints up to 30in x 40in;
- Bright and vivid 3.0in LCD;
- Stunning HD still picture capture;
- Easy upload to Facebook, YouTube or Kodak Gallery;
- Face detection that recognises up to five faces and automatically adjusts settings;
- Blur reduction technology that reduces blur caused by camera shake or moving subjects;
- Available in Black Olive, Light Steel Blue and Wine Red for £129.99 from September, 2009.
The new Décor Series of Kodak Easyshare Digital Frames enables consumers to enjoy and share vivid displays of their digital images within hundreds of traditional picture frames.
“For every type of home décor and style, there are picture frames that enhance and express it,” Walsh says. “Our new Décor Series frames can be customised with virtually any traditional frame, allowing people to share their pictures and memories in ways that match their décor and style preferences – even if those preferences change.”
The new series is available in two sizes:
- Model D830, featuring an 8in digital display, which can be paired with 8in x10in traditional frames;
- Model D1030, featuring a 10in digital display, which fits 10in x 13in traditional frames.
- Interchangeable frame faceplate design;
- Stunning picture quality in a digital display that applies proprietary Kodak Colour Science technology for crisper detail and more vibrant colours;
- Environmentally responsible design including Energy Star qualified power adapter, mercury free panel and programmable on-off settings to control power consumption.
- Room to store up to 4000 pictures in 512Mb internal memory;
- A unique Quick Touch Border that enables easy scrolling through photos, picture editing, and more – right on the frame;
- Plug-and-play operation—simply insert a memory card or USB flash drive containing digital pictures and a slideshow automatically begins;
- Dynamic collage mode that displays several pictures at the same time.
Kodak also introduced a family of new portable power-charging solutions that enable fast and convenient charging of multiple devices, including the solar-powered Kodak Solar Charger KS100-C+2, which produces enough power to deliver 1.5 charges to a mobile phone, or run an iPod or other music player for an additional 33 hours, or capture up to 200 digital camera pictures (actual results will vary by device). The Kodak Solar Charger KS100-C+2 will retail for £34.99 beginning in September, 2009.
For more information please visit the Kodak website.