Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The Lapse HD/R iOS app combines timelapse and HDR photography. There are four different styles of HDR to choose from, the app uses tonemapping to create images which are then used to produce a time lapse video. The Lapse HD/R iOS app is available from the iTunes Store for £1.99.
- Up to 5 EV values of dynamic range expansion
- Choose from 3 - 10 seconds between shots
- Multi-stage deflickering avoids the flickering artefacts that often occur when stitching together time-lapse video from photos
- Deghosting avoids ghosting artefacts from moving objects
- Processing on the iPhone’s GPU calculates tonemapped video in real time, preserving local contrast on scenes with strong dynamic range
- VGA, 720p & 1080p resolution
- Built-in processing modes - subtle, strong, wild and noir
- Add a soundtrack from your iTunes library to the video
The big red button starts off the recording and when complete, you can view your last video via the icon in the bottom left, but they are all saved into your photos app. When shooting, battery life goes down rather quickly and causes iOS devices to get quite warm.
Below are examples of each of the four available processing modes. To view them at their best we recommend hitting the Youtube link and switching to 1080p HD.
Lapse HD/R iOS App ProsShoots in full 1080p HD
Videos are quite impressive
Lapse HD/R iOS App ConsQuickly reduces battery life
Could be scuppered if you received a phone call during recording
|VALUE FOR MONEY|
The Lapse HD/R iOS app is available from the iTunes Store for £1.99. For more information please visit the Thaliacam website.