If you are the user of a Lensbaby there is a competition open just for you. Next year a new book by Corey Hilz called “Lensbaby: Bending Your Perspective
” will be released. Lensbaby are looking for images to be used via a competition where you will win a copy of the book if your image is chosen.
Lensbaby have announced an open call for photographers to submit their best images created using a Lensbaby lens for a chance to be published in the new book “Lensbaby: Bending Your Perspective
” by Lensbaby Guru and author/photographer Corey Hilz. Due out from Focal Press in the summer of 2010, “Lensbaby: Bending Your Perspective
” will feature lots of how to and inspirational content, along with galleries of Lensbaby photos by some of the foremost Lensbaby photographers in the world.
“There are so many great photographers from around the world using Lensbaby Creative Effects SLR lenses and accessories,
” said Lensbaby President and Co-Founder Craig Strong. “We can’t wait to review all the photography from Lensbaby users that could be included in this wonderful new book.
Photographers can submit two images for consideration on the Lensbaby
website and can change their photo selection at any time during the submission period. Submissions will be accepted until 6pm, PST, December 31, 2009.
At least 12 photos from all the images submitted will be featured in the Lensbaby book. Popular voting on the photo submission microsite will be used to decide one of the selected images. Entrants as well as members of the Lensbaby Studio Photography Forum are eligible to vote. Corey Hilz and Craig Strong will choose the remaining images. If a photographer’s image is selected, it will be featured in this beautiful new book credited with the photographer’s name and they’ll receive a copy of the book. Selected images will be announced and displayed on the Lensbaby website on January 15, 2010.
- The photo must be taken with a Lensbaby SLR lens on a digital or film SLR camera.
- The photo should display the elements of a great photograph including interesting subject matter, good exposure, strong composition, interesting detail, beautiful light, storytelling, etc.
- The image should capture a moment or subject from a fresh perspective.
- If shooting with a selective focus optic, make certain the sweet spot of focus is appropriately sharp and well-placed.
- Do not submit images containing full nudity or graphic sexuality.
Photographers that have their work selected for publication will be required to submit a permission form granting all standard publication rights to Focal Press.