Lexmark International today introduce two products that they claim will dramatically change the home photo printing experience. The result of exhaustive research, focus groups and user testing; every aspect from innovative design and enhanced performance to unique, value-added bonus features will simplify the digital photo printing process for home users.
Kristy Holch, a Group Director at InfoTrends/CAP Ventures observed, "Consumer photo printing has not quite kept pace with the proliferation of digital cameras. Consumer comments reveal the causes, such as too many steps in the printing process and lack of time.
The Lexmark P915 Photo Printer (right) and the Lexmark P6250 Photo All-in-One (left) are the perfect printing solutions for home users wanting to print their digital photographs offering high quality and ease of use.
Until now, customers who sought quality and fast prints saw home photo printing as a complex sequence of button pushing and programme navigation, said Giovanni Giusti, Managing Director, Lexmark UK. Those days are over. The P915 and P6250 are so sophisticated yet so easy; it's like harnessing the power of traditional high street photo outlets.
Advanced features, simple photo printing
The P915 and P6250 are include features that render the digital photo printing process quick and intuitive. The LCD display offers unparalleled help to make users' lives easier. The 2.5-inch colour LCD features:
- Built-in video instructions a video demonstration visually walks the user through the steps of replacing cartridges, while they are actually changing the cartridge.
- Count down timer users are given an accurate print time via an on-screen timer which counts down how long it will take to generate the photo.
- Print preview when using these products in standalone mode, the colour LCD previews how the printed image will appear.
Additional features that make the printing experience easier include:
- Smart software d esigned to work in perfect harmony with Lexmark's technology, the exclusive Imaging Studio Software helps novice users effortlessly execute photo-editing features such as one-click red-eye removal and one-click automatic image enhancement.
- Photo Scan Guide The P6250 offers blue LED lights that indicate to the user where the photo should be placed for perfect reproduction.
The P915 and P6250 offer a variety of on-board camera card readers, support PictBridge technology and feature six-colour output with borderless capabilities. Images can be produced with resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dots per inch and with Lexmark's evercolor ink system, prints will last up to 65 years under glass display and up to 200 years in a photo album. Evercolor is a unique six-colour hybrid ink system that combines the broad colour gamut of dyes with the permanence of pigment inks.*
The Accu-Feed paper handling system allows for easy switching of media, while sensing technology detects the loaded media type and adjusts the driver for the best possible output.
An embedded storage compartment within the P6250 accommodates the user's replacement cartridge, so any additional cartridge can be stored without risk of damage.
The P915 and P6250 contain a paper input tray cover and media card slot cover to safeguard against items damaging or falling into the printer.
Continued Giusti, We researched and gathered data about home users and incorporated our findings to create easy to use products with unique features and benefits.