The Light Studio iPhone App is a 3D modelling system for light with tutorials for the classic compositions of light in portrait photography by professional photographer Teemu Kuusimurto. To use most of these classic light patterns in your photos, all equipment you need is your iPhone and a window or the Sun.
Light Studio iPhone App: Features
- Photos to see the application of lights in practise
- Tutorials with tips, tricks and commentary from the photographer
- Diagrams for each light set makes light positioning simple
- Use 3D modelling system to experiment and learn about lighting right in the app
- 16 different light sets included, covering all the classic light compositions, plus more available
- One, two and three light sets
- Works with iPod Touch and iPhone with iOS versions 3.0 and up
- Free updates for the entire lifespan of Light studio
Light Studio iPhone App: Performance
The app takes a little getting used to but once you are familiar it is quite easy to use. There are example photos in each lighting setup, which can be viewed full screen when the iPhone is tilted to landscape. When clicking on setup you can move your camera and change the power, angle and height of your lights and the app shows you what difference your changes will make to the shot. If there is any terminology you don't understand then you can turn to the glossary.
Light Studio iPhone App: Verdict
There probably aren't many people who have purchased lighting equipment to use with an iPhone, so this app will appeal more to those who own DSLRs or maybe a compact camera. If you are new to lighting and are in need of some inspiration then the app will be of good use and at £1.19 is very well priced.
Light Studio iPhone App: Pros
Handy if you are new to lighting
Light Studio iPhone App: Cons
Limited number of features
|VALUE FOR MONEY
The Light Studio iPhone App is available from the iTunes Store
for £1.49. For more information please visit the Light Studio App