Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Lomography To Relaunch Petzval Lens - Lomography has announced that it revamping the Petzval portrait lens.
Lomography has announced that it is to revamp the famous Petzval portrait lens.
The Petzval lens was the first portrait glass lens, invented in 1840. Lomography has teamed up with Zenit to reinvent and reengineer the lens for use with Canon and Nikon SLR and DSLRs.
Lomography say: "It will have the same unique features as the original lens – swirly bokeh effect, sharpness, large aperture and high contrast."
The lens is made out of Russian glass and has a large f/2.2 aperture, narrow depth of field and field curvature. It is a high quality, multi coated lens.
Petzval Lens Specifications:
- Focal length: 85mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.2
- Apertures: Waterhouse aperture set
- Minimum image circle: 44mm
- Field of view: 30 degrees
- Lens mounting Profile: Canon EF and Nikon F
- Electronic contacts: No
- Closest focusing distance: 1m
- Optic/ Lens tube special features: Gear rack focusing
- Filter thread requirement: 67mm