New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Manfrotto Tripod Competition Winners Announced

Manfrotto Tripod Competition Winners Announced - Did you win one of four 290 Series carbon fibre tripods worth 215?

Category : Competitions

Manfrotto 290 series
Last month we gave you the chance to win one of four fantastic Manfrotto 290 series carbon fibre tripods each worth £215!

Our four lucky winners have been picked, and congratulations go to:
The 290 range of compact, reliable tripods is designed to accompany passionate new photographers keen to improve and progress.

All the models in the 290 family are inspired by Manfrotto’s long experience making professional tripods, and provide an ideal, versatile match of the things you need now and the advanced features you'll appreciate more and more as your experience grows. The 290 series is suitable for most cameras up to DLSRs.

For more information on Manfrotto's 290 Series carbon fibre tripods, take a look at the Manfrotto website.

Comments

Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
8 Jul 2013 5:04PM
Well Done to the winners!!!!

I feel like I won aswell.......................I got shortlisted!!!Grin

8 Jul 2013 6:59PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I heard the good news from my wife as I was coming home.

Never thought I would win when I entered this comp.

Many many thanks!!!

Steve
8 Jul 2013 7:23PM

Was chuffed when I received a phone call at work today; one of the loveliest news I had in a while Blush
8 Jul 2013 8:11PM
Indeed thank you from me too! Never won any competition before so this is the best news for me..... well done to the other winners and shortlisteds too...Smile
franken e2
11 3.1k 4 Wales
8 Jul 2013 10:58PM
Well done to all of you.

Ken
10 Aug 2013 11:54AM
I know you said up to 4 weeks wait, but I'm still waiting!!

Any one else got theirs?

Sad
15 Aug 2013 2:46PM
I'm still waiting too.....
nik111 e2
6 320 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2013 3:10PM
Hi Guys,

Update: I've spoke to Manfrotto who have apologised for the delay and the tripods will be with you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Nik.
15 Aug 2013 4:44PM
Hi Nik,

Thanks for looking into this, and thanks for the update...
15 Aug 2013 10:40PM
I did think it was very unlike them to taking so long.
23 Aug 2013 12:04PM
23 Aug 2013 9:26PM

Quote: Well the tripod arrived today, but no head! I don't want to sound like I'm being ungrateful because I'm certainly not, just a little disappointed as the picture shows a tripod and head! Is this correct? Am I being too demanding?? Assumption really is the mother of all f*** ups...

Exactly the same here, Massive box with the tripod box inside and no HEAD!!!!

Maybe it's coming separately!?!?!?!?
23 Aug 2013 11:00PM
I doubt it very much Steven, my feeling is ''that's all folks''..... I feel so ungrateful though by saying all this! I would love to be proven wrong....
Suzicoo e2
2 398 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2013 9:15AM
Great to be one of the winners, received my prize yesterday and I couldn't believe it. There is no head with mine either, is this correct.....
24 Aug 2013 1:25PM
My wife has just said the perfect thing.

Trades descriptions breach! They have advertised a tripod with a head and sent out one without, they have not provided what they said they would. I don't recall seeing anything saying there would not be a head!

I'm sure they will do the right thing here!
24 Aug 2013 5:09PM

Quote: My wife has just said the perfect thing.

I'm sure they will do the right thing here!

Indeed I have been thinking exactly the same thing. I did have a look at the original competition notice and there was no mention of the fact that it would be a tripod only, no head included, so ones expectation would be that it would be the whole shebang! I too would expect that they (Manfrotto? as they are providing the prize/images) would do the right thing in this situation.....
28 Aug 2013 7:11PM
nik111 e2
6 320 United Kingdom
29 Aug 2013 9:47AM

Quote: Well, it seems like EPZ or manfrotto don't want to be drawn into this one, anyone else any thoughts??

Sorry I didn't respond straight away, I wasn't online last night.

I'm checking with Manfrotto this morning about the prize details so will confirm once I have received a response.
29 Aug 2013 11:05AM
Hi Nik, thanks for looking into this to clear it up....
nik111 e2
6 320 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2013 9:42AM
Hi guys,

I spoke to Manfrotto and the prize is a tripod (no head). I've taken a look at the competition's Ts&Cs and it did say: 'MT294C3 carbon fibre tripod'.

Thanks,

Nik.
3 Sep 2013 8:03PM

Quote: Hi guys,

Thanks,

Nik.

I think this is wholly unacceptable. We need to see these Ts & Cs for ourselves. Do they say "Head not included"? If not then as the picture suggests there should be one included.

Bad press can be very damaging to a company with such a good reputation as yours and Manfrotto's. It would be very little cost to them to do the right thing.

C'mon guys get this sorted the right way.
4 Sep 2013 1:16AM
"Manfrotto is giving away four 290 Series carbon fibre tripods each worth 215!" as the original headline went. If this is checked out on various selling sites then these include a 3 way head for this price; the image in the competition shows a 3 way head, surely the prize would include a 3 way head...? The original competition certainly didn't say "head not included"
tj e2
11 1.9k England
4 Sep 2013 10:41AM
Hi guys, I'm looking into this for you and we'll hopefully sort this out Smile
nik111 e2
6 320 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2013 11:45AM
Hi guys,

Even though the competition's Ts&Cs did say a 'MT294C3 carbon fibre tripod' was the prize (which doesn't include a head) as a gesture of goodwill on this occasion Manfrotto are kindly going to supply the heads to the four winners. As it was not stated that a head would be included they are under no obligation to do so and ePHOTOzine would like to thank Manfrotto for sending the heads out.

Manfrotto has asked we apologise on their behalf for any confusion that may have been caused with the image that was used and the heads should reach you all next week.
4 Sep 2013 9:57PM

Quote: Hi guys,

I am glad to hear that the right thing has been on this matter.

Many thanks to ePHOTOzine and Manfrotto for sorting this out.
5 Sep 2013 9:43AM
Thank you guys for doing this. I realise this makes us look like ungrateful winners of a prize but the was an element of disappointment when the original box was delivered.

Onwards and into the next chapter and looking forward to using the tripod!!
14 Sep 2013 12:06AM
Head arrived today, Thanks guys!!!
Suzicoo e2
2 398 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 9:12AM
Alos received my head, many thanksSmile
Suzicoo