Adobe today announced registration
is open for MAX 2010
, Adobe’s annual worldwide conference taking place Oct. 23–27 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. At MAX 2010, thousands of designers, developers and business leaders will discover the next wave of opportunities fueled by the explosion of rich content and applications across multiple screens, the merging of digital content and commerce, and workflows that bring design and development together.
The MAX theme "Connect. Discover. Inspire." is the backdrop for five days of informative sessions, hands-on labs and countless networking opportunities that will focus on three emerging technology trends: the seamless delivery of content across multiple screens, innovative ways to monetise content and applications, and new technologies enabling integrated design and develop workflows.
MAX 2010 will feature keynote appearances from Adobe chief executive officer Shantanu Narayen and chief technology officer Kevin Lynch as well as industry luminaries. Attendees will connect with thousands of other people in the community, as well as Adobe product teams, in organised sessions and “unconference” discussions. The event will also include technology sneak-peeks, technical sessions, and a community pavilion hub that includes partner and customer exhibits.
“Every day, technology breakthroughs are transforming how we work, learn, communicate, and ultimately, express ourselves,” said Kevin Lynch, Adobe chief technology officer. “MAX is a great forum for top industry experts, designers and developers to gather together and collaborate on new ideas, develop innovative strategies and learn about new tools that will put them squarely at the forefront in creating the next generation of digital experiences.”
MAX 2010 offers three attendee tracks consisting of more than 200 sessions and 100 hands-on labs. The Envision track is a first look at Adobe's future roadmaps and best practices that will help guide organisations to success in a multiscreen world. The Design track will dive into the art and science of designing across multiple types of media and screens – Web, interactive, mobile and print. The Develop track will provide new skills for conceptualising, building and deploying next-generation, multiscreen applications.
Featured MAX programs back by popular demand include:
- Preconference labs, that provide hands-on intensive training for MAX attendees interested in expanding their marketable skills.
- BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop) Labs, offering engaging, educational and hands-on sessions in which attendees use the tools they’re learning — and then keep the files and software to continue practicing after the conference.
- Russell Brown@MAX — a three-day, hands-on course that brings together top art directors, designers, illustrators and photographers to learn advanced imaging tips and techniques with Adobe® Photoshop® CS5.
- LiveCycle@MAX bundle — a one-and-a-half day program for enterprise developers to learn how to create user-centric applications with Adobe LiveCycle® Enterprise Suite 2.5.
New this year:
- CS5@MAX bundle — a training course for those who want to create content across screens of all sizes from the desktop to tablets to mobile devices. The program will use Adobe® Creative Suite® 5 products including Adobe InDesign®, Illustrator®, Photoshop®, Fireworks®, Dreamweaver®, Flash® Professional and Flash Catalyst™.
To attend MAX 2010, visit the registration page
. Register before Sunday, Aug. 15, 2010 to qualify for the early bird discount. Visit the MAX registration fees page for more information about other special discounts and group passes.
2010 MAX Awards
The call-for-entries is now open for the 2010 MAX Awards
, a global awards program that recognizes the best uses of Adobe software for creating expressive applications in various categories such as digital publishing, enterprise/government rich Internet applications, multiscreen and social computing. All entries must be submitted online at: www.adobemaxsubmission.com/submission
. The entry deadline is Friday, Aug. 13, 2010. The 2010 MAX Award winners will be announced at the MAX Awards ceremony on Oct. 26 at the Nokia Theatre. To view last year's winners and finalists, visit the 2009 MAX Award Winners & Finalist Gallery