Free add-in for digital photographersPress release:
Microsoft Photo Info is a new software add-in for Microsoft Windows
that allows photographers to add, change and delete
common metadata properties for digital photographs from inside
Windows Explorer. It also provides enhanced hover tips and additional
sort properties for digital photographs in Explorer in Details view.
Microsoft Photo Info runs on 32-bit versions of Windows XP (with
Service Pack 2 or later) and the Windows Vista operating systems.
Using Microsoft Photo Info
After running Setup, a new Photo Info item appears in the file
context menu in Windows Explorer. Simply select one or more image files
in Windows Explorer, right-click and choose Photo Info. Use the tab
pages to choose the properties you wish to view or change, then click
OK or Apply to save your changes. Microsoft Photo Info does not modify
the image pixel data in any way when saving changes; only
valid metadata properties are updated or added to the image
Microsoft Photo Info supports most of the common IPTC (International
Press Telecommunications Council) properties commonly used in digital
Supported file types
- View or edit photo metadata from inside Windows Explorer.
image properties are at your fingertips from within Windows.
- Edit images individually, or as a collection. Photo Info
has two edit
modes: individual and collection, making it easy to update many images
at the same time.
- Quick recall of recent entries. For some properties, Photo
remembers the most recent entries you have typed. To recall a recent
entry, click on the drop down arrow and select it from the list.
- Generate copyright notice automatically. Photo Info can
standard copyright notice automatically from the Author and date
Created information, if present.
- Quick recall of location details. To help save time when
location information, Photo Info can save location details under a name
you provide. Recall these details by selecting the location name from
the drop-down menu.
- Correct EXIF capture date / time information. Photo Info
update the EXIF date/time information as recorded in the image file by
your camera. You can use this feature to correct the file capture date
if your camera's clock was set incorrectly (for example, to the wrong
- View EXIF properties. Click on the Details tab to view
- Click on More properties for additional details.
- Preview the image. To see a larger preview of the image,
on the thumbnail.
- Enhanced hover tips. Hover tips have been enhanced for
JPEG, TIFF and
other supported file types in Windows Explorer.
- Custom column properties. In Windows Explorer when viewing
a folder in
Details view, additional sort properties are available for supported
The initial release of Microsoft Photo Info supports the following
common image file types: JPEG, TIFF, WDP, HDP (HD Photo), NEF, CR2, and
CRW1. Support for additional file formats is under consideration for a