Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Microtek announce the FilmScan 2700 - They say it is the ideal solution for quality scanning of all those 35mm slides and filmstrips at a very affordable price.
Microtek have launched the FilmScan 2700, a new film scanner that they say is the ideal solution for quality scanning of all those 35mm slides and filmstrips at a very affordable price.
Features and Benefits:
- 3.2 Maximum Optical Density. The ability to resolve large amounts of subtle highlight and shadow detail is important for quality results. With a 3.2D maximum optical density, the FilmScan 2700 can retrieve most of the information from negative film.
- High Quality at an affordable price.With its high 2700 dpi optical resolution, film can be scanned and printed at up to 20" x 12.7" in size (486mm x 324mm at 200 dpi output). The FilmScan 2700 delivers a very low cost entry into dedicated, high resolution 35mm film scanning.
- Plug and play USB connection. Getting started with the FilmScan 2700 couldn't be easier. Simply install the software, connect the scanner to your computer with the supplied cable and you're ready to scan.
- High Speed.This scanner takes around 45 seconds to complete each scan.
- Two Year Total Support.Total support offers 24 months telephone support and swap out service should the hardware fail in the 2 year period.
The FilmScan 2700 retails for around 180.