Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Microtek ScanMaker 5900 - It features a 2400x4800dpi optical resolution, built-in 4"x5" transparency adapter, new Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) interface, and eight function buttons.
Microtek have announced another addition to their ScanMaker product family, the ScanMaker 5900.
It features a 2400 x 4800 dpi optical resolution, built-in 4"x 5" transparency adapter, new Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) interface, and eight function buttons.
ScanMaker 5900 has a slim design. With the patented Microtek EDGE Design,
you still get the same quality and ease of use combined with a 25% smaller scanner
without sacrificing any image quality.
To achieve a slim profile and a small footprint, some scanners use CIS sensors, more commonly found in fax machines, Microtek took the high quality CCD technology and using EDGE Design made it smaller, giving you more desk space, and keeping the image quality that you need.
Kevin Lamb, Sales Manager UK, commented: "This model gives the end user the optimum combination of ease of use and very high technical specification giving fantastic image quality".
Features and Benefits:
- 2400 x 4800 dpi optical resolution - This feature allows the user to enlarge 2400 x 4800-dpi scans up to poster size or to create poster-sized images of favourite photos.
- 48 - bit Colour - The ScanMaker 5900 captures trillions of colours for true-to-life colour reproduction and delivers subtle detail in highlights and shadows.
- New Edge Design- ScanMaker 5900 offers a new slim design and packs CCD quality scanning into a more efficient form factor. There is a new button layout for a new improved look and functionality.
- High-Speed USB 2.0 - This scanner offers high-speed scanning. It is compatible with all 1.1 and 2.0 connections and the USB connection sets up in minutes.
- New Sigma-6 CCD - The ScanMaker 5900 has six rows of CCD sensors for improved colour reproduction. There are twice as many sensors as a conventional tri-linear array for more accurate data capture.
- Integrated 4" x 5" Transparency Adapter with FilmView - The integrated transparency adapter saves time by scanning multiple slides and filmstrips up to 4" x 5".
- 7 Smart Touch Buttons - Plus Power ButtonThe ScanMaker 5900 incorporates seven Smart-Touch buttons allowing Scanning, Copying and Emailing, PDF/OCR, Scan-to-Web, Setup/Cancel and Custom functions. The Smart-Touch Copy and OCR buttons make high quality colour copies. Images can be uploaded to photo sharing sites where they can be shared with friends and family. Unwanted scans can be cancelled whilst the scanner is running.In addition, a conveniently located power button is provided for turning the scanner on and off.
Powerful Software BundleMicrotek's ScanWizard 5 is a versatile scanning tool that allows users to choose between Standard and Advanced controls to suit their level of expertise and experience in the use of scanners. ScanWizard 5 features a batch scan process that allows users to scan and save images in sets or batches to increase productivity.
With its built-in OCR utility, users can also scan text documents easily and retrieve them for editing. To meet the huge demand for photo sharing, ScanWizard 5 provides the easiest way for users to post their images on the web and share them with friends.
The ScanMaker 5900 is also packed with valuable practical software to help users in a variety of tasks and projects. It comes bundled with a full application of Adobe®PhotoDeluxe 4.0 for PC, Adobe ®PhotoShop LE imaging-editing software, and Abby® FineReader® OCR software, which allows you to convert scanned text to editable text with 99% accuracy. The ScanMaker 5900 also includes Ulead's DVD Picture Show for high quality photo slideshows that play on DVD players and PhotoExplorer, which lets users present or share their images on the Web.