Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Photography awards unveiled - The fourth combined photography award winners from the Master Photographers Association (MPA) and the British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP) have been unveiled during a glittering awards ceremony in Newcastle.
The winner of the Fashion category by Ciaran O'Neill.
Ciaran O'Neill was awarded the coveted title of British Professional Photographer of the Year 2007, while Troy Hansen, scooped the title of Overseas Professional Photographer of the Year 2007. Over 350 professional photographers and trade representatives attended the prestigious event held on 28th October at the Gatsehead Hilton on the banks of the River Tyne.
Dozens of the world's top photographers were presented with major accolades by special guest Tony Hadley, former front man with 80s pop legends Spandau Ballet.Qualified MPA and BIPP members from around the world submitted images for the annual competition and only the very best were short-listed. This year's judging panel was chaired by Vincent O'Byrne FMPA FBIPP M.QEP and was made up of eminent Fellows from MPA and BIPP who hold disciplines relevant to each category. Vincent paid tribute to the successful photographers: "The expertise and creativity that went into all the winning images is testament to the skills of today's professional photographer. The standard of the photographs is truly remarkable. It is a great honour to win a BPP Award - I'm sure all the winners will use their Awards to help further their careers."
The UK Category winners are:
- Avant Garde Portrait: Christopher Bradbury
- Family Portrait: Kris Dickson
- Parent & Child: David Calvert
- David Mathias Portrait: David Calvert
- Under 5's: Page Teahan
- Classical Portrait: Aoibheann Hopkins
- Press & PR: David Burges
- Pets: Tracey Clements
- Commercial/Advertising: Graeme Rowatt
- Industrial & Architectural: Nick House
- Landscapes & Travel: Steve Walton
- Art of Science: John Brackenbury
- Fashion: Ciaran O'Neill
- Pictorial & Illustrative: Christopher Bradbury
- Dennis Hylander Wedding: David Burges
- Avant Garde Wedding: Kelly Hearn
- Classical Wedding: Pete Bristo
- Events: Mark Hughes
- Blue Ribbon Award: Maria Murray
- Lichfield Award: Christopher Astbury
- Epson Award: Christopher Bradbury
- UK Fashion & Press Photographer of the Year: Ciaran O'Neill
- UK Wedding Photographer of the Year: Kelly Hearn
- UK Portrait Photographer of the Year: Christopher Bradbury
- UK Commercial Photographer of the Year: Graeme Rowatt
- British Professional Photographer of the Year: Ciaran O'Neill
The Overseas Category winners are:
- Commercial/Advertising: David Cantwell
- Industrial & Architectural: Gareth Byrne
- Landscapes & Travel: Gerry O'Leary
- Press & PR: Albert Beng Choon Lam
- Avant Garde Wedding: Troy Hansen
- Classical Wedding: Troy Hansen
- Pictorial & Illustrative: Gerry O'Leary
- Avant Garde Portrait: Albert Beng Choon Lam
- Classical Portrait: David Cantwell
- Fashion: Manuel Thome
- Overseas Events: Gerard McCarthy
- Overseas Fashion & Press Photographer of the Year: Manuel Thome
- Overseas Wedding Photographer of the Year: Troy Hansen
- Overseas Portrait Photographer of the Year: Albert Beng Choon Lam
- Overseas Commercial Photographer of the Year Gerry O'Leary
- Overseas Professional Photographer of the Year: Troy Hansen
- Consumer Awards winners are:
- Cherubs: Royce Yeacoob
- Bride & Groom: Peter Prior
- Bride's Choice: Jo Tennant
- Licentiate winners are:
- Denise Ebanks
- Brian Harte
To view all the winning images please visit the BIPP website or click here.