ePHOTOzine have introduced big changes to the way you can upload photos to the site. The changes, which were applied in the recent upgrade, will make it easier for members to share photos quickly on site.
Upload Multiple Photos To Your Portfolio
For a long time, many users have requested a way to upload more photos per day to ePHOTOzine. We have always taken a stance against allowing this to happen as it would result in the gallery being flooded. However, we like to give our users what they want and have come up with a way to allow this without affecting the gallery.
Clicking 'Upload Photo(s)' from your portfolio will take you to the new multiple photo uploader. This new feature allows you to upload many photos at once to be displayed in your portfolio. These photos can then be submitted to the gallery at a later date by clicking the 'Submit to Gallery' link under the thumbnail. There is also an option on the gallery upload page to browse your portfolio to choose photos you have previously uploaded.
We understand that not everyone may want to use this new feature, so we have made it so you can still upload to the gallery as you did before.
- Monthly multi-upload usage (e2 500Mb limit, regular members 50Mb linit)
Improved Portfolio Browsing
To improve your browsing experience we have added the following features:
- Map View of portfolio (e2 feature)
- Filter photos by Tags
- More photos per page
- Larger thumbnails option (e2 feature)
Other Portfolio/Profile Changes
Here are a few other minor changes to the profiles that we have introduced:
- User Awarded photos now display in the Awarded Photos
- Next and Previous Photo Links now work with Showcase order
- My Settings: 'Enhanced Comments' setting now turns forum award medals on comments on/off along with the other comments features
- My Settings: Connect your twitter/facebook account directly without the need of ping.fm
- My Settings: Choose what to display as your default profile tab (Latest Photos, Showcase, Awarded Photos)
- Upload notifications will now display next/previous photo links from that same user, rather than the gallery
User Award Upgrades
- All users can give a user awards (e2 members 1 per day, regular members 1 per week)
- Add a description to your User Award
- Next and Previous Photo links now work with Award Shortlist order
- Panoramic Gallery displays large thumbnails automatically
- Insert Photos from your portfolio into the forums without needing to upload again