Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Handling and Performance
National Geographic Small Waist Pack
National Geographic, yes the famous magazine, also makes a wide range of camera bags, This is a small waist pack, but may also be called a "bum bag" or a "fanny pack" if you're American (try not to laugh).
- Double latch belt for secure fastening
- Environmentally friendly material Hemp
- Treated for water resistance and include a nylon inner shell for excellent moisture protection
- Designed with pouches and compartments that protect your camera equipment
- Padded point-and-shoot flap pouch with external accessory pocket
- Personal gear and accessory pouch features double closing, zippered compartment and Velcro flap
- Flat external pockets for easy-access storage
- Rear zip pocket for securing valuables such as passport, wallet, etc
- The design incorporates the pouches as separate elements that are connected to the waist strap platform and this enables a perfect fit to the carrier’s body shape
- Unique buckle closer provides ultimate security
National Geographic Small Waist Pack Photos of EquipmentFujifilm FinePix X10 in the larger section and in the smaller compartment a Canon Powershot S100. The pockets are flexible and a Micro Four Thirds camera body and pancake lens would also fit in the larger section.
Value For Money
The small waist pack is available for around £36-39 making it a little more expensive than a dedicated camera only bag (such as the KATA Grip 10-DL), but not as expensive as a rucksack styled camera bag (such as the Dorr Slim Pack Pur Backpack). It offers good value for money considering the variety of uses the pockets offer with quick access.
|The National Geographic Small Waist Pack is a unique camera bag and gives quick access and lots of storage.|
National Geographic Small Waist Pack ProsFits lots of kit, including larger cameras
Lots of padded pockets
Dual fastening belt
Hidden pocket for valuables
National Geographic Small Waist Pack ConsNot completely weather-resistant (although likely to be covered by your raincoat)
Style may not to be everyone's taste
|VALUE FOR MONEY|
National Geographic Small Waist Pack Specifications