Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Computers and PDAs|
NEC launch wide screen - NEC display solutions have announced the release of their award winning 30in wide screen monitor.
NEC Display Solutions today announced the new award-winning 30in MultiSync LCD3090WQXi wide-screen display, which delivers innovative display performance for users in the graphic design, photography, print production and CAD/CAM industries.
The LCD3090WQXi display, which has been awarded Best of Show at MacWorld Expo 2008, was also exhibited at Focus on Imaging between 24th-27th February.
An extension of the critically acclaimed MultiSync 90-Series, this 30in display is a 4Mp (2560 x 1600), wide-gamut, wide-screen LCD designed for professionals who require premium colour performance. The LCD3090WQXi features ColourComp, which reduces LCD uniformity errors and compensates for differences in colour/greyscale and luminance; and advanced backlight technology, which enables the display to produce 102 percent of the NTSC colour scale for unsurpassed colour gradation.
The LCD3090WQXi also includes a 12-bit, internal look-up table (LUT), 2560 x 1600 resolution, and HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection), which is supported through the DVI-D connector that allows for use with HDCP-equipped devices and encrypted content.
"This newest 90-Series display delivers the colour-performance benefits that high-end professionals have come to expect and require from NEC," said Richard Wilks, Colour calibrated specialist for NEC Display Solutions. "Whether in pre- or post-production photography, digital animation, CAD/CAM design, or even soft-copy clinical viewing in the medical field, the MultiSync LCD3090WQXi arms end-users with sophisticated features and advanced functionality in order to deliver optimal output performance."
- Wide colour gamut (97.8% coverage of AdobeRGB)
- Auto Luminance control with X-Light Pro backlight/sensor design for consistent brightness and colour
- ColorComp technology compensates for slight variations in luminance and colour uniformity, providing even colour across the screen
- IPS active matrix LCD provides superior screen performance, including wide viewing angles, lifelike flesh tones and dark black levels
- Supports internal programmable 12-bit lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
- High resolution (up to 2560 x 1600) allows for more content to be displayed on a single monitor
- Standalone colour calibration and matching function without the need of a PC using an optional sensor connected directly to the display
- Designed for landscape or portrait usage without degradation of performance or the display’s lifecycle
- Ambient light sensor and automatic backlight adjustment allows for use in any lighting conditions
- Digital and analogue inputs with true MultiSync support for non-native resolutions
The LCD3090WQXi incorporates in-plane switching (IPS) module technology, which is widely accepted by industry professionals as being the highest performing LCD technology available on the market, delivering unparalleled colour reproduction and brightness uniformity by minimising off-angle colour shift, and clearer black tones in dark-coloured images.
For more information, please visit the NEC Displays website.